Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Speed Bead

Zebraman

• 5 months later...

Jerry Miculek made a mount very similar to this ( read... I can't tell the difference ) two years ago for a J.Point and runs it on his open Benelli....If I shot open that would sell it for me! This mount and the new Burris scope mount are real inovations, Good Job Burris!! KurtM

I have one on my Benelli M1 and now love it! It took some getting use to since the dot/Fastfire is right there in your face. The best thing about it is you will never look for the dot...it is right there and you can't miss it for sure. Again, it took some getting use to but I wouldn't have it any other way now.

Hope this helps,

RLTW,

Scott

• 1 month later...

I looked through one and it's great.

But.... I'm worried about it holding zero with slugs.

There is a fair amount of play in the barrel to receiver fit. I don't have the $$$ to test out how much it will shift if any.

I've heard of people pinning the barrel in or something but I decided not too.

I used the regular fastfire last year and I liked it.

I will be making a barrel rib mount that brings the dot closer(over the receiver) to get a bigger sight window.

I'm also happy to be using the Fastfire on my Open AR as well.

Bye-Bye Optima! Don't let the port shatter you into pieces!

Nick

I had the Speed Bead on my M2 for a short time and tried shooting skeet with it. It was different. There is a slight magnification thru the glass so I lost the bird as I transitioned. Also, it's very easy to lose the bird in the housing of the reddot. I personally did not like it, but only tried it for a few rounds.

I'm going to try straight iron sights first, and see how I like it.

I ended up putting the reddot on my AR offset.

@ NMCOpen, have you tried eBay for the mount? I bought the Burris picatinny rail mount off of there. FWIW...

Darren