Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

National Open/L10 Stages

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen the "androids" at a Nationals that I've attended.

You obviously haven't been in a while ;)

Where can I buy about 10 of them?

Shooters Connection has 'em.

They're harder targets than Metrics - they are actually a good shooting test, regardless of any political views around them...

Yeah, we toss them in pretty much every month in the local matches too. They are pretty common and require more skill.

Don't believe me? Run El Prez set up with Metrics and then Classics and tell me which one had the better HHF. :D

They are also harder to score for the RO crew if they haven't been around them much.

I, for one, mourn the loss of hard cover. But it does add a whole bunch of extra work to a match to have it. The Montana gang told me at last year's O/L10 Nats that they had "target painting day" and spent hours and hours getting all the targets painted, taped and ready for the match.

You obviously haven't been in a while ;)

They're harder targets than Metrics - they are actually a good shooting test, regardless of any political views around them...

Yup, admittedly last year's Nationals was the first in several years for me. I kept paying for a slot (earned!) and having to cancel at the last minute. New house, job, the list goes on. Plus personally I didn't like to shoot in Barry - but I'll see Tulsa this year. See you there, Dave - looks like a fun match!

Plus personally I didn't like to shoot in Barry

Man, I'd go back to Barry... ;) I like the laid back, small town that appreciates our business... low crime, too. Plus, PASA really is a nice facility - maybe not as sharp as USSA, but still nice. I guess I have a lot of fond memories of PASA, though, so... :D

- but I'll see Tulsa this year. See you there, Dave - looks like a fun match!

Yeah, I agree :)

On stage 4, Triple Flip II, the notes say:

PP1 or PP2 activates flip-up T1.

T1 activates flip-up T2.

T2 activates flip-up T3.

T1 & T2 are disappearing.

T3 stays visible.

However, the stage diagram doesn't make sense with the current target numbering, surely they must mean:

PP1 or PP2 activates flip-up T3.

T3 activates flip-up T4.

T4 activates flip-up T5.

T3 & T4 are disappearing.

T5 stays visible.

On stage 4, Triple Flip II, the notes say:

PP1 or PP2 activates flip-up T1.

T1 activates flip-up T2.

T2 activates flip-up T3.

T1 & T2 are disappearing.

T3 stays visible.

However, the stage diagram doesn't make sense with the current target numbering, surely they must mean:

PP1 or PP2 activates flip-up T3.

T3 activates flip-up T4.

T4 activates flip-up T5.

T3 & T4 are disappearing.

T5 stays visible.

It's probably like the one we saw at Area 3 this year. Either PP activates a "Row" of targets that come up, then disappear one after the other. The final one stays up and visible.