Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel City Tac Rifle Match August 30th

Hey Folks,

We'll be having another quarterly rifle match at Steel City Range in Birmingham, AL on Saturday, August 30th. Registration starts at 8:00, shooters meeting at 8:30 and shooting will start promptly at 9:00am. Entry fee is $20 and plan on bringing 150 or so rounds. Most of the stages will be fairly close, one stage will have flash targets out to around 200yds. Plaque trophies to the division winners.

We're going to put our thinking caps on to come up with a "hot weather" format to keep things moving swiftly and finish up in a timely manner. Water will be provided on all the bays, but you might want to bring some sunscreen, Gatorade and a snack as I'm sure the late Summer Alabama heat will be nice and toasty.

Looking forward to seeing those who've shot with us before and hope to have some new folks join us. It's a fast paced match with a strong emphasis on the "fun factor".

For further details check out the Steel City website www.scssa.org or shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

David Tapp

Sure wish that I could be there, your matches are always as much fun as they are challenging. I will be working away from home, but should be back in time for the Nov. match.

Hurley

Edited by HRider

• 2 weeks later...

This is a Very Good match! If you have the time, make this one you will not be disappointed.

Unfortunately I have family commitments and cant make this one :unsure: Will try again in Nov.

Good luck David and all the shooters!

This is a Very Good match! If you have the time, make this one you will not be disappointed.

Unfortunately I have family commitments and cant make this one :unsure: Will try again in Nov.

+1 on this being a good match. I hate it that you aren't coming, don't let the rest of your crew forget.

Speaking of good matches, there used to be one somewhere up in middle TN, a multi-gun it was, run by a guy named Alan something or other. I heard he sold off all of his guns and became Baptist preacher because he liked fried chicken more than shooting. Is that true?????

Mike

+1 on the match. we will be there, my son and i and Matt. will Jack still be going?

Nathan whipped up both myself and Matt the last time we shot so hopefully we can get some pay this time. :rolleyes:

we are all looking forward to it.

Mike P. You know....

Thats what I like about you Mike, your consistant. You might be an a$$, but your consistant. :roflol:

Baptist preachers arent doing so well in my neighborhood. They get shot and shooter gets no jail time :wacko:

I do like fried chicken though.

David,

Again I'll have to send Jack to deal with all the kind foke at Steel City.

Good Luck to all!!!

Alan

David,

Again I'll have to send Jack to deal with all the kind foke at Steel City.

Good Luck to all!!!

Alan

Glad Jack is going to make it, but we'll miss you Alan. Hope to see you at the November match.

David

+1 on this being a good match. I hate it that you aren't coming, don't let the rest of your crew forget.

Speaking of good matches, there used to be one somewhere up in middle TN, a multi-gun it was, run by a guy named Alan something or other. I heard he sold off all of his guns and became Baptist preacher because he liked fried chicken more than shooting. Is that true?????

Mike

BUTTONS! :goof:

Just a quick shout out to you! The girl from the EAST COAST may be making a road trip for this one!

Mike

BUTTONS! :goof:

Just a quick shout out to you! The girl from the EAST COAST may be making a road trip for this one!

Come on down!! It'll be fun. No, it'lll be run n'gun fun. No wait, run n'gun fun in the sun. No wait, a ton of run n'gun fun in the sun. Yes indeed, we'll have a ton of run n'gun fun in the sun 'til its done. And.. since the parson ain't comin', there will be no shortage of yardbird in the Magic City.

Hey David, here's a chance to put the 300 yard offhand flashers on the clock to practice for Princeton. What a hoot that'd be, eh?

Mike

The traveling Poet will obviously be in the house, don't everyone line up to be squadded with him, you will all get your chances at his snippets of whit as the match goes on. I know a bunch of folks coming out for this match, should be a tough fight for the top of the dog pile

jc

Hey David, here's a chance to put the 300 yard offhand flashers on the clock to practice for Princeton. What a hoot that'd be, eh?

Mike

We'll have a couple of long range bonus targets (300yds +) but no off hand. You'll have to wait for Princeton for that fun.

Stages are set (7) and it'll be fun. Hot weather format is in effect, easy setting and pasting, long range steel will be up top so you can stay in the shade until you shoot. Bring some Gatorade, looks like we're back to Summer weather.

We'll have all the 'Bamers out of there in time to see 'em get waxed by Clemson......

Match was a huge success, scores were emailed out to competitiors, big turnout lots of fun under the sun, maybe too much sun, i was cooked, took me into Sunday to recover, hats of to those who set up and demobed. Thanks to Dave and the gang that pulled it together we really enjoyed it, great to see everyone. guess i need to concentrate on the bonus targets a little more as they turned out to be worth more than almost any individual stage, guess I've haven't been playing "gamey" stuff enough lately or I was so fried from the sun that the value of those little buggers didn't sink in. Overall a great time and looking forward to the next one.

jc

I had a great time, everyone did an outstanding job organizing the match. The shotgun bonus was fun, but I didn't get enough of them in the end either.

Enough, hell I didn't get any....left 50 seconds on the table....them moving 1" square bonus targets at 50 yards.............. :surprise:

A big thank you to David and Kim. To all the other "staffers" that assisted in the set up/tear down-hats off to you as well. My first Rifle only match and I had a great time. After lunch, I was done and out for the count. Still feeling a little stiff today after the long drive home from AL but I'll be back to shoot another!

Te-um, great to see you again.

Stefan-thanks for all the hospitality :D

To my fellow "squadders" great shooting with you! Can't wait to see you at another match soon.

S

Thanks for the responses and suggestions everyone. We try new things out each time to improve the match, do more of what everyone likes and dispense with the rest. Stefan, you hit all three bonuses, what are you bitchin' about???? You actually had a negative time on that stage. Thanks again for the tear down help Monday bro'.

On a good note, I think we got the visibility issue finally worked out on the long range steel, it seemed easy to see from the first to the last shooter.

The scores will be posted on the Steel City website in a day or so, you can check them out there. www.scssa.org

Hope to see everyone back in November for a tune up for Ft. Benning. I can promise you a good fun match and cooler weather!

Take Care,

David