Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What To Do When Your Guns Are In The Shop

So I went to see Irv on Monday. Took both pistols, and thought that I would see if he could tighten the front sight on my competition gun while I was there. Talked myself into getting both pistols dovetailed for a front sight, magwells, etc., etc. Left and was halfway home when I realized BOTH GUNS ARE IN JAIL! :surprise:

Now I have no clue what I will do for a gun to play with. I guess I will be shooting revo for a while after I load up some .38. Or, I could use some time to buy some bullets, set up another press for rifle and load some .308. That sounds like work, but the wife aint gonna do it :angry2:

Or the more probable answer, put the rear sight in my girls 10/22 and buy a brick of ammo, take her out and teach her how. I used to be a pretty good rifle shooter. Yeah, that's the one. Get her hooked, afterall, she has been begging for the last few months. :D

Or the more probable answer, put the rear sight in my girls 10/22 and buy a brick of ammo, take her out and teach her how. I used to be a pretty good rifle shooter. Yeah, that's the one. Get her hooked, afterall, she has been begging for the last few months. :D

That sounds like a GREAT idea! Enjoy some fun times with the kid. You only get to do it once. :cheers:

Oh, and for future reference, always keep one gun so you something to play with yourself. :roflol:

I have the same issue...sort of now...sending back my CQB, my X5 is a GGI...I hope my trojan hangs tough 'cause I'm getting hooked on SS - and I thought about sending it to CCR for re-finishing...better wait on that other wise I'll have to start shooting clays, skeet, something with my HD shotty - think the sporting clays would mind if I have a surefire light/stock - well it gets dark in the woods, right?

Keep me posted on the patience...where to get some

Buy another gun, like the others. A good friend said you always need 3. 1 for the range, 1 for the matches and 1 in the shop. Never quite got up to those standards but close.

Yeah, But that was when he shot EAA's(Tanfoglio's) years ago. Since then he hasnt had more than 2 of anything.

I dont like to send both to the shop at the same time but just recently did it with my open guns getting new comp setups(although all I sent were the barrels) but both guns were down for a week.