Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunsmith needed for shotgun

ap3

I need to get a 20 gauge shotgun barrel shortened and rechoked. I called Briley but they want $400 to do the work. Does anyone have any suggestion for a much more reasonable gunsmith for this kind of work with a decent turnaround time?

@#^&^$ I just realized I put this in the wrong sub-forum.

Edited by ap3

Dan Sierpina here on the forum is doing a choke for me :cheers:

He would be my FIRST choice :D

Jim

Dan only has 12 guage tooling!

Thanks guys, I'll chase these leads down.

That's our standard price to shorten the barrel, recrown it, install screw in chokes, and touch up the bluing. The choke tube is extra and price is based on what tube(s) you want to use. We do 12, 16, 20, 28, and 410's. Chrome lined bore's are a little extra.

I can raise the price if you want..........

Edited by Bob Hostetter

That's our standard price to shorten the barrel, recrown it, install screw in chokes, and touch up the bluing. The choke tube is extra and price is based on what tube(s) you want to use. We do 12, 16, 20, 28, and 410's. Chrome lined bore's are a little extra.

I can raise the price if you want..........

Well tht sums up my bad luck lately, I sent it off earlier this week before I got your posting, and yes I ended up paying about $40 more to have the same work done. That is an excellent price, can you PM me a website or email address so I can refer any other guys to you?