Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The fact

Mog

that 39 years ago (+1 day) with slide rules and computers with less computing power than most modern calculators, we landed two men on the moon and returned them to earth safely. What a remarkable achievement.

I have a co-worker who is 51 and a close friend who is 34 both of whom do not beleive that we ever put a man on the moon. :wacko:

This despite the fact that the Germans, particularly Von Braun Mr. Saturn V himself, were launching ballistic missles at England 20 years or more before! ( Not to mention that they also had early TV guided anti-ship missles, near super-sonic rocket interceptors, crude cruise missles, and jet aircraft)

The FACT! It is just that, FACT. Like you could keep that big a secret! Heck, we couldn't even keep the Manhattan Project a secret. Not only did Stalin know, he used our research to build his own!

Fact is right!

Well if the Government and media can keep lying to us and convincing most people some silly notion that the world is round even though any one who has been west of the Mississippi can see that it is obviously flat, why is it hard to imagine they could trick us into thinking we landed on the moon ?

And a whole lot of intestinal fortitude to get into that tincan on top of aa few million pounds of controlled explosion!

Jim

It was one of the Mercury astronauts, Deke Slayton, I think, that said something along the lines of, "It's an interesting feeling being on top of a rocket where you know with absolute certainty that every part was supplied by the lowest bidder." :unsure:

Not to mention that you know all of those guys had to have watched the films of every one of those failed launches countless times :wacko:

mog

Great Stuff, I still have my local newspaper with the headline "MAN LANDS ON MOON" . I stayed up to watch it and then called my grandmother the next day. Grandparents were of the "horse and buggy to man-on-moon generation.

that 39 years ago (+1 day) with slide rules and computers with less computing power than most modern calculators, we landed two men on the moon and returned them to earth safely. What a remarkable achievement.

42 years ago I was using a slip stick as a computer. Slide rule, if fact I still have 2 of them, both branded Aristo made in Germany.