Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I used the Power Custom parts and have had no issues. My Dad likes the Volquartsen drop in trigger group. I'd say they're all about the same frankly. On barrels, I bought a Green Mountain for my latest build. Works great so far.

Rich

I've felt a Kidd trigger (at Tony's shop on his rifles) and I've never experienced anything that refined. If I was building a rifle that would be my first choice. Tony is a great guy that makes great products who supports the sports.

How much do you want to spend? Just a VQ hammer and the stock parts can be made into a very fine setup. Going all out - look no further than Kidd.

Barrels - my GM 18" would shoot with most Anschutz heavy barrels easily using Wolf MT.

My favorite setup was a Bell and Carlson Anschutz style stock, GM 18" bull, VQ target hammer kit with the rest of the internals worked over by me. Nice crisp 1 lb trigger - easily covered 5 shots with a dime at 25 when I could do my part.

Buy the Kidd trigger and you will be a happy camper. I've shot a number of 10-22s with light actions, under 1 lbs, but nothing tops my Kidd with a two stage 6 oz trigger. 3 oz take-up and then 3 oz to fire.

That plus my stash of Wolf ME target ammo keeps me going for hours of enjoyment at the range.

The Kidd triger is a complet new system, =IT IS NOT the same old ruger triger with better parts

I have put over four casses of CCI over my kidd trigger = The tirgger is and Tony is first rate. and he helps with the sport. and is a good friend

Jamie

Edited by AlamoShooter

Lower dollar solution is a Clark Custom trigger job... you send in your trigger group and let them work on it. It's smooth and crisp, and relatively light.

Best trigger I've ever felt... My Kidd trigger... I'd never consider anything else. Smooth, crisp, and no lighter trigger pull available that I am aware of... i will be getting a spare group for competition backup as soon as I can... Will likely never need it, but I'd rather have the spare than have to shoot a stock trigger group.

Barrel... I love my Clark Custom barrel... I've had a full profile 21.5" barrel and a 16.25" fluted barrel (current) ... Both of them are way more accurate than I'll ever be... I shot a sub-MOA 10-shot group with CCI standard.

Note on 22 rimfire groups: Group size ALWAYS is very dependent on LOT#... One lot number may shoot a single hole, another of the "SAME" manufacturer may shoot 2"+. From now on, when I find a LOT# of CCI, Eley, or whatever that shoots well, I am going to buyas much of that lot as I can.

Edited by cautery