Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hotel Gun Theft Paranoia

If your weapon is stolen from your car in Mass. YOU are guilty of a FELONY.

Other states may have similar laws too.

There's a great way to encourage people to report crimes. What's next, locking up a woman who was raped because "she was asking for it"?

After reading this thread and all the warnings about theft I've decided on a security plan for the nationals this year.

Since my carry permit issued by Georgia is recognized in Oklahoma, I'll have to get a couple of extra inside-the-waistband holsters that fit my Limited guns and then I'll just take them with me everywhere I go. Look for the guy walking real slow dressed in a huge Aloha shirt, who can't bend over or sit down.

:D;)

When I must leave the blaster in the hotel room I have the range bag locked with one of the gizmos mentioned by KevinC earlier tethered to some very large or immovable object.

I also leave lights on in the room and the TV on. Then I hang the do not disturb sign on the door.

Most thieves aren't going to be willing to take a chance that there really isn't someone in the room.

When I must leave the blaster in the hotel room I have the range bag locked with one of the gizmos mentioned by KevinC earlier tethered to some very large or immovable object.

I also leave lights on in the room and the TV on. Then I hang the do not disturb sign on the door.

Most thieves aren't going to be willing to take a chance that there really isn't someone in the room.

Yeah, I do the TV and lights and D-N-D sign as well.

I suppose in OK, anybody with a CHL could just padlock a briefcase to their wrist when going out... Claim to be a top-secret courier if asked ;)

Yeah, I do the TV and lights and D-N-D sign as well.

I suppose in OK, anybody with a CHL could just padlock a briefcase to their wrist when going out... Claim to be a top-secret courier if asked ;)

I've confirmed Milt Sparks doesn't make an Executive's Companion for Open guns, so that might be Boz's best option.

:rolleyes:

If your weapon is stolen from your car in Mass. YOU are guilty of a FELONY.

Wow! So where exactly are you supposed to put your guns then? What if you're travelling to Julie's match, and you've stopped to use the restroom just inside the state line?

Should you call the police and ask if they need to have an officer come out and watch your car while you're doing your business.

ETA: I'm a little freaked out by this information so I'm going to e-mail Julie Goloski and suggest they include this information to the competitors.

Edited by CSEMARTIN