Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vihtavuori powder charge

[not hijacking thread - really ! ]

I was just thinking the other day about getting my first reloading manual. But then I thought, why ? It's all available on-line now. Is there even a good reason to have a manual these days ?

JimInFL

[not hijacking thread - really ! ]

I was just thinking the other day about getting my first reloading manual. But then I thought, why ? It's all available on-line now. Is there even a good reason to have a manual these days ?

JimInFL

Me either (hijacking) but what if AL G. gets pissed and thinks he can mitigate our Co2 footprint by switching it off (the NET). Could happen.

If you're just looking for the info, not many reasons to get the hard copy manual. If you are new to reloading, buy a Sierra, Lyman, etc... It has tons of good info in it.

Online manuals are great because you don't have to pay for them but it is really hard to open them so you can lay them side by side to check velocity readings for each type/amount of powder. Bullet maker manuals are great when you actually use the bullets they manufacture. So how do you compare a Sierra/Speer loading book to the Precision Delta you want to buy? Midway produces something they call a Loadmap with different bullet manufacturers listed but it is limited in powder choices probably based on their advertisers not popular choice.

Personal choice is the paper powder manuals available where most powders are sold.

• 1 month later...