Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My M1 won't stop jamming

:wacko:

I need help !!!

I have a big match in Germany coming up in 3 weeks but my Benelli M1 keeps jamming and i do not know what to do anymore.

My setup

24'' barrel

nordic +6 tube and barrel clamp

regular stock

C-rums modified carrier

dmw extended safety

arradondo funnel

JPoint

The trouble stops when i put on my old 18,5'' barrel then it works good but when i put on the new 24'' barrel thats when the trouble starts.

The biggest problems are that the shells are not ejecting .

The new barrel i have is from the benelli distrubitor here in the Netherlands and i think its not for the M1 but for the M2 as you can see it is different (the one with the rib is the 24'')

I normally run 63,5mm S&B for shot and Lapua S&K for slugs.

I do not know what kind of spring there is installed now but i think it is still the one from factory out of the box.

Before somebody here says ''just buy another shotgun'' we are not alowed to buy shotguns that came into our country after 2005 because there is a bit of a shotgun ban here by law (we are busy changing that but its not possible before the end of 2009 :wacko: )

Anybody got suggestions to get it running without shipping it out of the country because if i do that i will not be getting it in this country back

post-1530-1215344684.jpg

post-1530-1215344702.jpg

Edited by patrickbeijer

I don't know what a C-rums modified carrier is but it sounds like you may need a stock carrier for your newer barrel to work correctly.

If the carrier moves freely up and down, then it's not the c-rums carrier. I used the carrier on both my M1 and M2. The 24 inch ribbed barrel is for the M2, but should work for both models. I would contact Benny Hill (Benelli Expert) since your short on time.

Good Luck.

Edited by ddjm

Patrick, have you been receiving my personal messages?? I have never heard back from you on any of them! I have several good sugestions that are EASY to do and will most likely solve your problems. If we have comunication we can solve this, but I need to hear back from you. P.M. me through the forums if you are interested. Kurt Miller

Yes I tried hotter loads ,i did not help

I did get some real good tips from Kurt and i am gonna try that first,but i do not get a chance to shoot my gun until wednesday or thursday

I think i will have to buy him some beer in germany at the end of this month :roflol:

Edited by patrickbeijer

After some mail conversation with Kurt ,the problem is finally solved.

Yesterday evening i got back from my shooting on the range ,and shot aprox. 130 rounds without a jam !!!

I tried all kinds of ammo 2 types of slugs 2 types of buck and a lot of different shot

The gun runs super !!!!!

What did I do ????

I followed the tips Kurt gave me.

- I took a dremmel and took some small ridges away from the barrel on the place the bolt locks into the barrel and smoothened it out

-Also placed in the orig. shell cut of,bolt relase (i also found a problem there ,i did not pushed the retainer pin enough there so the bolt was a little bit binding there)

- I changed the angle of the modified carrier a bit mor down

- I placed the orig. bolt handle

It runs without any trouble now (and it has never been like that :surprise: )

I hereby thank you very much Kurt ,its great when people are willing to help with problems like this.

Oh yeah

I also removed the barrel clamp and my slug precision is also improved a lot ,i shoot without a clamp now

Kurt gave me the same information, in addition to changing from the crappy cheap Winchester ammo. I've done the mods, but haven't had a chance to get to the range yet. I modified the shell lifter differently, it looks more like the one on my old Winchester Super X.

The cheap Winchester ammo, has such lousy crimps, some of it has to be PUSHED into the chambers of my over/under!

Patrick tested his M1 yesterday under my supervision ^_^ and not a single malfunction was detected.

Well, besides Patrick misplacing the speedloaders some time. :P

It was nice to see a shooter that happy having his gun running flawless again.

And for me it was shooting again with the Nova too after a long time. :)

Greetsz

Adrie

Patrick,

I am glad Kurt fixed your gun for you, I am also glad you are shooting Open at the match in 2 weeks and not Standard !!!

If my amigo Kurt had just fixed someones gun who I will be competing against in the German Open and then the same guy beat me with the same gun Kurt just fixed..........!!!!!! That would drive me crazy !!!! :roflol:

See you in two weeks at the match - Bigbrowndog and Daniel Ernest will be the US contingent who may well upset the apple cart with some fine shotgun antics !! :rolleyes:

Well........

I shoot open handgun shotgun and rifle in the 3gun match in Germany ,the problem is that i have a nice working M1 now but i have never shot a match in open shotgun before and only 2 in manual pump.

So the shotgun is really my weak gun ,and i hope i will get a chance to gather some matchpoints beteween the saiga's and Molot's in Germany.

But fun is it gooing to be :cheers:

Patrick

I have seen the scale of the German Open team - they scare me with their passion !

They kick ass with their Molots ....... normal standard / Modified / Open guns cant compete ...........

Hey shoot Open and have FUN Amigo !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So there I was in Germany with my open M1 against the German Molot's ,and yes Mike you were right there is no way you can keep up with themwith a non mag fed shotgun,but i did have fun!!!

Also many thanks on Trapr on helping me out on my last problem with the M1,after sanding a little bit of bite away from the barrel it was goiing great