Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sabre Defence

hopalong

Back last Ft. Benning 3-gun Challenge (EXCELLENT match BTW) Bruce was the winner of his Division.

So.............

He picked up a Sabre Defence Competition Master AR-15 off the prize table but did not want to mess with getting it back home.

So.............

After a little haggling I end up with it.

So..............

I finally go shoot the thing.

So...............

I put a 1x4 leupold scope on it and after getting it set where I want it at 100 yds I go to 200.

So...............

I got a 1 1/2" five shot group at 200 all within 1 inch of my aim point !!!!!! :D:D:D

And I don't even like these things. ;)

Now the best part !!!!!!

I've always shot Heavy Metal as I preferr MY M1A as my rifle to go too.

BUT,

I found out getting ready for Ft. Benning my barrel is shot out. I still go to the match, shoot heavy metal with a shot out rifle and end up coming home with an AR-15 because of the AMU hosting the MOST EXCELLENT match, Sabre Defence for sponsoring it and Bruce for winning it and then selling it to me. :bow::bow::bow: (one for each of you )

So..............

I now have a delima.

What to shoot ?

Tactical, or Heavy Metal ????

Darn the problems !!!! :roflol:

I guess I'll just have to switch between the two as the matches come.

Hop

Hop!!!!!!!!! Please remain loyal to the order of Heavy Metalists!!!!!!!!!

I have two of them "way to easy to hit with" Sabre carbines and I love 'em but........ Heavy Metal......M1A's,

recoil, ammo management schemes, pump shotgun recoil, low cap, big bullet pistols........ oh damn I forgot how hard it is

and how easy the bullet hoser, mouse gunner's got it! Forget what I said man and just step away from that little 223 and come to your senses!

Or maybe I should come to mine!

Patrick

Hop,

Jeff Cramblet and David Power talked me in to trying Sabre barrels. I just finished building a new rifle with an 18" Sabre fluted barrel. 1.5-8 IOR, 200 yards, 69 grain Match Kings, 5 shots, .67"

Thanks Sabre!