Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hot loads in minor with G34

lugnut

I've noticed my loads with my new G34 are way over the required minor PF for IDPA and USPSA. I use 124gr Berrys bullet, 5.6gr Power Pistol, 1.130" COL, WSP.

At 5.6gr of Power Pistol I'm still getting a PF of 140- 1132 ft/sec. This is the starting load for a 124gr FMJ so I'm not sure how much lower I could go... or if I should. Any input? I have a bunch of PP left so switching now isn't a good option- maybe later.

For reference 5.8gr gave me a 145 PF, 6.0gr gave a 150 PF. I'm quite surprised at the speeds out of the Glock to be honest with you.

Thanks!

being able to get the gun to run loads in the 125 to 130 PF range requires a change in recoil spring. My glock G34 wouldn't eject 130 PF loads with the factory spring till I bumped up the PF to 135.

I loaded up some minor loads for my G35 to shoot steel, and I swear I can't see a difference in how they feel. I used Flex's recipe of 3.8gr of Titegroup with a 180, I suspect I need to just practice a lot with them in order to get used to the difference.

H.

My sense, both from reading here and based on my own experience, is that Glocks seem happier (more reliable function-wise) running a bit over the 125 PF floor. My 17, 34 and 35 like PF's at 135 to 140, pretty much what Flex has suggested a few times before.