Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training Glock?

Will Abrahams

i was at a local gun shop open house today when i noticed there was a training model glock at the glock vendor table. it had a red frame with a black metal "training" top end, i cant remember what the model number was on it, but it was something i hadnt seen before. the neat thing about it is each time you pulled the trigger it would fully reset, never had to rack the slide once. the breach face did not have a hole for the firing pin, so there is no way to have and AD. i did a search and didnt find any info on it here and when i asked the glock representitive about it he surprisingly didnt know much about availability. all he could tell me was they were probably as much as a real glock... anyone here know any more about these?

Edited by W.Abrahams

I saw one a few years ago, and I think it was meant to be used as a pistol for training. I don't remember the cost, but about the same as a new Glock would be about right.

i was at a local gun shop open house today when i noticed there was a training model glock at the glock vendor table. it had a red frame with a black metal "training" top end, i cant remember what the model number was on it, but it was something i hadnt seen before. the neat thing about it is each time you pulled the trigger it would fully reset, never had to rack the slide once. the breach face did not have a hole for the firing pin, so there is no way to have and AD. i did a search and didnt find any info on it here and when i asked the glock representitive about it he surprisingly didnt know much about availability. all he could tell me was they were probably as much as a real glock... anyone here know any more about these?

Here's a link I found for one: $750.00

http://store.ies-usa.com/merchant2/merchan...stemAccessories

ETA: They are called the Glock P Models according to http://www.sniperworld.com/glock/tech.html

There are some for sale on Glock Talk : http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865959

Edited by gunnerBU

I believe the red framed resetting trigger guns are the "R" model and the blue framed sims guns are the "T" model. When I was trying to get my hands on the "R", it was the same cost as the "regular" pistols. I was trying to get dry fire practice in without having to rack the slide each time.

Seiichi

...I was trying to get dry fire practice in without having to rack the slide each time...

Seiichi

This might work for you. I don't have one, though, so I personally can't speak to how well they work. Still, $65 is a whole lot less than a new or used Glock simulator that needs to go through an FFL.

http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?c...products_id=339

...I was trying to get dry fire practice in without having to rack the slide each time...

Seiichi

This might work for you. I don't have one, though, so I personally can't speak to how well they work. Still, $65 is a whole lot less than a new or used Glock simulator that needs to go through an FFL.

http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?c...products_id=339

Thanks. I've resorted to pulling the trigger and resetting. I actually took apart one of their red guns at the SHOT show a couple of years back. It was fun trying to build the resetting trigger, but I probably should have spent that time dry firing. <_<

Pharoah Bender had a really good trick where he uses a small piece of paper to keep the slide just out of battery, so you can pull the trigger all the way back.

Seiichi

There are three different versions of the training Glocks. The 17T which is a blue frame gun which can fire marking projectiles. These can be had for a variety of markers, such as Simunition and AIM/PRISM.

The red frame guns are the trainers. The 22P is probably the model you are referring too. The bbl is solid and has holes drilled crosswise through it. There is also no hole in the breachface for the striker tip. We have several of these we use for demos on the firing line.

The 17R is the model with the resetting trigger. This one is configured for use with the laser simulators. It does not come from Glock with the laser, it has to be added to work with whatever system you have. I know there is a hole the right way throug the bbl on this one I just can't remember what safety measures Glock took to prevent live ammo. I believe there is no hole in the breech.

My favorite is still the cutaway version. If you've had any interest in the Glock mechanism. Sit down at the armorer table at a GSSF match and spend some time really looking at this. It clears up a lot of confusion about how the gun works.

If you've had any interest in the Glock mechanism. Sit down at the armorer table at a GSSF match and spend some time really looking at this. It clears up a lot of confusion about how the gun works.

+1. i never understood the mechanism until i got my hands on the cutaway version...it's very cool.

for good dry fire...i recommend airsoft. i've had 2, and they both ended up breaking...but that's the best dry fire tool i've found. now, if i can just find a more durable model...