Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have a citizen Eco-drive Titanium as well that I have had for the past 8 years, never had any realy problems other than I somehow enlarged one of the pin holes in the band and it needed to be fixed. I wear this watch everyday doing everything and everything, from shooting to yardwork, car work. etc...

I also have a lower end Tissot that is a great dress watch for nice occasions.

Those Luminox and Traser watches at LAPolice Gear look very nice! With the purchase of a Traser watch you also get a Surefire flashlight, it doesn't get any better than that for big boy's gift!

Carina,

I guess I'm the odd one. I have a Wenger titanium cased and banded watch that I have been wearing for the last 5-6 years. It is a analog watch with a quartz movement and tritium dots on the dial for night time viewing. Wenger are the folks that make all the Swiss Army products. The weakest link in it is the band pins. If you catch the band on something, the pins give before the band does.

here is a linky to Wenger's site

Wenger Mountaineer Titanium

The price listed is MSRP and I'm sure you can come in below your $300 limit by shopping around. :)

Any by the way.... Happy Anniversary :cheers:

dj

Nothing wrong with Rolex. And nothing wrong with THAT guy's Rolex. He just wanted to show it a bit much and also had very rude acquaintances. I just quietly wear mine and have NEVER experienced the external hassles he did.

I've never ever had anyone say anything negative about the watches. On occasion its gotten me an in with another watch nut, but for the most part nobody notices unless you're TRYING to make them. We're all too wrapped up in our own crap to care that you have an expensive man bracelet.

+1 for the Citizen. I just upgraded to one myself, after wearing a Kenneth Cole for the last 5 years.

I was lucky enough to pick it up on a day that there was a sale going on. So it was 25% off for the sale and then the lady said she woudl give me 30% off due to clearing stock if I bought it that day, it was about 180 after tax. It was at Zales if it helps. Funny thing is, I was walking out of the mall at JC Penneys and they had a similar watch at 25% off and were offering a stracth and get another 10-20 percent off.

+1 for the citizen. I loved my first one so much I bought another one. The eco-drive perpetual calender totally rocks! It changes time zones and I use the stop watch on activators all the time.

It'll probably be this one in two tone gold/silver (his wedding band is gold). I found a watch place locally that will cut me a good deal on it. The diamonds might be a bit too much bling for him but I'll send off his old seiko to get rebuilt and he can then have a nice dress watch and a daily beater.

Edited by carinab

Ended up going with the Seiko Coutura in two tone with a white face...it is just a sharp looking watch and functional (alarm, chronograph, etc)....He was very, very happy!

Cool! Happy Anniversary!

:cheers: