Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Perfect Steak

EricW

I just had one of those steaks that reminded me why I hate eating in restaurants: I usually can cook simple meals far better than they do.

Half-price ribeyes from the maxi-mart (yup, half price for aged meat - I love America :P)

BBQ set to gamma-irradiate

Kosher salt both sides

Finish with carmelized Longhorn barbeque sauce on both sides

Pull it when it's med-rare. We're talking melt in your mouth goodness. Mmm.....

:heaven: :closedeyes:

Mmmm...mouth watering just thinking about it.

Totally with you on making steaks at home. I pretty much only need to count the number of great steaks I've had in restaurants that beat what I can make at home.

Mmmm...mouth watering just thinking about it.

Totally with you on making steaks at home. I pretty much only need to count the number of great steaks I've had in restaurants that beat what I can make at home.

Around here the restaurants have the ability to purchase better cuts than you can buy in a chain grocery store.

Hard corps like us know where the mom & pop fresh meat providers are. :cheers:

And their prices kick Major Butt!

FM

I have some Longhorn 7-Pepper seasoning someone acquired on the black market. :lol: That, and a little garlic powder before throwing it on the grill suit me fine.

What I also like to do is saute' a pan full of onions and mushrooms while the cow is on the grill. Then right when finished cooking I add heavy cream or half-and-half to deglaze the pan, reducing it down to a nice smooth, delicious chunky sauce to go beside the steak.

Ummmmm......