Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

That little Primer door

That little primer door on the 550 is a pain in the A$$. I can't seem to stop it from hanging up. Spent primers all over the place.

Any suggestions?

I was having trouble with spent primers hitting and bouncing to the floor where the cup mounts to the link arm. I bent a tab on the bottom of the chute to deflect them and it seems to be working better.

There is a thread around here somewhere which tell how to mod the system to catch all of them. It uses a coffe can and a tube for the spent primers to fall through and into. Search and you should find it.

I also found a small nail, sometimes called a "wire nail" works well also.

Neal in AZ

The aluminum cotter key that the gate pivots on is bent. Yank it out, grab a small safety pin, open it up, poke the pointy end thru the holes, then snap it closed. :ph34r:

That little primer door on the 550 is a pain in the A$$. I can't seem to stop it from hanging up. Spent primers all over the place.

Any suggestions?

Buy a Super 1050.

No, really, buy a 1050 and all your spent primer issues will go away.

Any suggestions?

Buy a Super 1050.

No, really, buy a 1050 and all your spent primer issues will go away.

No it won't.

The POS cup was hanging up on the hanlde shaft, so I stolen an idea from the 650.

HPIM0693-1.jpg

The spent primer now go into an acro bin under the bench.

Take a fired .223 case, cut off the base, jam the nech into the spent primer exhaust hole, attach a plastic tube cut to the required length and route to the catch bin.

I have a cable clamp holding the tube to the bench and make sure that it doesn't catch on the cam.