Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Days When Dinosaurs Roamed The Range

gumshoe

In the early 80's there was a group of gunsmiths that were at every national match. I have been out of the sport for years and just wondered if they are still around alive or dead, in or out of business.

Charlie Kelsey of Devel, Steve Nastoff, Otto of Otto Comp fame, Austin Belhart, Dick Crawford. Does anyone know? ;)

Bill,

I looked at that site and it is too cool. I knew Frank Behlert and shot with him a bit in the '80's, pretty good guy, but his dad is a great old man. Really knew his stuff. I have a chopped and melted Hi Power that he did for me back when and although it has many miles on it now, it is still 100 percent reliable. When I first got it, it was the zenith of pro pistolsmithing. Lots of other good stuff on that site also, especially liked the topics on big bore rifles. Thanks again.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Crawford built a couple of guns for me about 8 or 9 years ago. He stopped, or at least cut back on, shooting a couple of years ago when the arthritis in his hands became too difficult. He still lives in the same small town in the Florida pan-handle, and by chance I happened to run into him at an Outback here in Tallahassee a few months ago.

• 1 year later...