Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE in KC

I shot one unofficial ICORE match in Topeka last year. I don't think there's any ICORE active in KC.

The IRC is the big international revolver championship they hold each year, ICORE is the organization. Check out www.icore.org for more information.

Thanks Mike - You seem to be a sharp guy.

Very insightful of you to notice! :D

I almost forgot - how did you do in the match?

The ICORE match in Topeka? So-so. We had an all-star crew shooting there, from all over the country.....Cliff, John, Dan, etc.... It was only my second ICORE match ever, and I didn't have the best day, but it was a good warm-up for the IRC last June, which was a pretty decent match for me (5th place Limited, top 6-shot).

Few of us have been bouncing the idea around of organizing some ICORE matches since the Midwest Regionals in Tontitown (back in Feb).

We need to put it in motion... set some target dates, confirm range location & determine what target stands and props we can access (borrow) to make this happen.

I should bring it up with some of the co-conspirators while at the Sunflower -S-Stack- Classic this Saturday (Where we will all be shooting the other relic from the past century :) )

Edited by Wideload

Wideload, what's your name?

I RO'd the Classic yesterday and I've been looking at trying to do an ICORE match at the Bullet Hole in Overland Park. I have access to some targets and equipment so now I just need to find an available date at the range.

Chris

Few of us have been bouncing the idea around of organizing some ICORE matches since the Midwest Regionals in Tontitown (back in Feb).

We need to put it in motion... set some target dates, confirm range location & determine what target stands and props we can access (borrow) to make this happen.

I should bring it up with some of the co-conspirators while at the Sunflower -S-Stack- Classic this Saturday (Where we will all be shooting the other relic from the past century :) )

Wideload, what's your name?

I RO'd the Classic yesterday and I've been looking at trying to do an ICORE match at the Bullet Hole in Overland Park. I have access to some targets and equipment so now I just need to find an available date at the range.

Chris

Name -- Riich S...

If you get a weekend date at the Bullethole, I will help with the set up. Also -- what about as as side match at Millcreek? Perhaps in July? I am supposed to set up a stage that month and I can do something that can readily be converted to a 6 round neutral course.

I think you pretty much talked to the same set of people at Sunflower. My assessment is that there are quite a few shooters that own revolvers and they need some encouragement.

• 2 weeks later...

ICORE match Saturday July 5, 2008 from 10AM to 3 PM at the Bullet Hole indoor range in Overland Park, Kansas.

This will be a first time match to see what kind of turnout we get. There will be at least two stages. If the turnout is low we may have time to rearrange the two stages and run them again. As long as we are done and off the range at 3PM we will shoot as much as possible.

I know some people may be out of town for the weekend but it was the only date available this summer at this range.

Chris

I know a guy out in KC that I keep telling he needs to try some competitive shooting. He's a big revolver guy, I'm going to pass this info on to him and see if I can badger him into....I mean suggest he should give it a try..... :D

• 1 month later...

Well, we had our first ICORE match at the Bullet Hole in Overland Park, Kansas just outside Kansas City. We only got 8 shooters this first time. Hopefully, as word gets around we will get more shooters. Also, being a holiday weekend I'm sure some folks were out of town.

We ended up shooting 6 stages including a standards stage. Dave and Riich did a great job designing and setting up stages so that they could quickly rearrange them and shoot new stages. We had a good group show up and a fun time.

I'll post when I get another date in the hopefully near future.

Chris