Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

610 in 6 or 4 in.

swandme

I have a bunch of SW's now thats what me user name means SWandME

I have 686 x 5 629 x1 500SW x 1 and a model 10 just for fun.

I am debating a 610 and all my 686's are 6 in I and trying to decied on 4 or 6 for a 610

I have a bunch of 10 mm Auto guns 1911's and SW 1006 and 1076 so 10 mm would be easy

for me.

Any info one way or the other would be great.

Thanks

SWandME

Edited by swandme

Sounds like the same reason I use the 610, started with 10mm auto's for pin shooting so when

the 610 appeared it just seemed natural.

As far as barrel length choice ?? it's all personal. If you ever plan on shooting it in IDPA you

can't go longer than 4 inches. The 6 inch 610 is a tad heavy to push around in USPSA but you can

get used to it, all depends on how far you want to go.

I lent a 6 inch to a friend and now he's talking hunting with it so if your in to that then there's

another consideration.

Bullet choice for speed loads will be the biggest problem IMO, most 10mm/40 cal bullets have a cone

and not the nice rounded contours of the 230 grn 45 ACP, good clip's and brass help in that area.

And you asked about clips is another post, Dave at Heathco makes the best metal clips for whatever

brass you use, myself I use the Brownells/Sheare clips and others swear by the RimZ plastic clips,

again, it's all in how far you want to take it. (or how much $$$ you want to spend)

I know I probably didn't make your choice any easier, hopefully others will chime in (that's a given :blush: )

but since you already have the 10mm components I don't think you'll be sorry whatever barrel you pick.

(and don't forget about all that 40 S&W brass you can shoot too !)

(and don't forget about all that 40 S&W brass you can shoot too !)

Oh yeah, that's something I forgot to add. The 610 is very versatile. I have a lot of Fed Small pistol primers, but not a lot of large, so I just go and make a batch of 40S&W. I want a really light load for plate shooting - so I mix up a batch of wimpy 40S&W. Wanna go hunting? Mix up some hot 10mm. It really is great, and no chasing around all your brass!

~Mitch

For .40 cal in Revolver I have been using the Precision Delta 180 grn Fmj.

It has a super small "flat spot" on the nose but as far as the revolver reload is concerned it is not an issue.

AND they are extemely accurate in my guns I have.

Precision Delta is the USPSA bullet/ammo supplier for Major matches so when you are on the USPSA website just click on that link.

HOP

I have been shooting my 6.5" 610 in USPSA for almost a year now and having a blast doing it. I think the choice in barrel length is very personal, but for me I don't shoot IDPA anymore so I like the longer sight radius. I only shoot .40 S&W in my gun for matches, they load smoother than the 10mm cases and easly make PF.

All I did to my gun was have the cylinder holes chamfered a bunch ( did it once, took it back and told my gunsmith to hog out some more) fiber optic front sight and a set of JM grips. :cheers: I did get some new moon clips last week that I will try this weekend, but I have been using the Ranch moons with WWB ammo for matchs. Good luck and have fun.

My revo setup is:

610 classic - 6.5" bbl

Moon clips by RIMZ - no tools needed

Orange ramp front sight, standard adjustable rear sight

Chamfered cylinder

Wolff Reduced power mainspring

Bobbed hammer

I load minor and use Bear creek 140 RN's and Federal SP primers. Main reason being I could load the same round for ICORE and USPSA.. though lately I've been shooting my 5" 627.. so I'm not using the 610 as much lately. California just approved the new 610-3 in the 6.5" tube so as soon as my dealer has one, I'm getting another.