Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson toolless guiderod

pevadijk

Yes it will work, I have one in mine.

There's no need to capture the spring before you take the slide off, once you have the slide off its easy to depress with your finger, to renstall keep it captured and install slide as normal then rack slide and it releases, you are ready to go.

The Dawson toolless guiderod looks like a cool upgrade, but will it work with my Edge (can I push the lever with my finger)?

Got this item in my Edge instead of two-pcs guide rod and I think it worths every cent spent for it...

I got one in a Dawson gun I had built a year ago. It was a little expensive, but its way cool.

Quick OT question??

Why may I ask you would like to be like Nemo when you grow up??

You want to be Fat Ugly and Bald, but with two of the most wonderful kids in America, only second to mine ;) ???

Edited by ysued

I got one in a Dawson gun I had built a year ago. It was a little expensive, but its way cool.

Quick OT question??

You want to be Fat Ugly and Bald, but with two of the most wonderful kids in America, only second to mine ;) ???

I was not going to mention anything about this, but since you asked, I will share.

Let me start this by saying I am not mad at anyone, and I really appreciate all of the hard work that ROs and staff put into running a big match. That being said... At a State match this year, I came down early and shot it on Friday with the ROs due to a work conflict. I shot Single Stack, wanting to get as much practice in as possible for the SS Nationals (not that it helped, as I tanked the SS Nats). I had not shot all of my classifiers at that time, and was still unclassified. Halfway through the match, while eating lunch, I was approached by a match staff person who asked me why I had not changed the division I was shooting in, as I was unclassified in Single Stack. Match staff person stated that U would not be recognized. I replied that I was not concerned about winning 'U' anything, and that I was just happy to be competing in the Single Stack division. The match staff person's reply was, 'No, I mean you won't be recognized at all. Unclassified is not a 'classification', is not recognized by the USPSA, and therefore your scores won't count. The match staff person stated that apparently they forgot to tell me this when I registered earlier in the morning.

I scratched my head a little, because in every match I had ever competed in, unclassified shooters were always allowed to compete for high overall in their division. But I figured either I was wrong (entirely possible) or the match staff person was just misinformed, and I could clear it up with the MD. Fast forward to the end of the day, after a brief conversation, the MD stated the exact same thing--I was shooting 'for fun'. Throwing out a hypothetical question I asked the MD 'So what happens in a few weeks at the Single Stack Nationals if some Unclassified shooter ('cause there was a BUNCH of them signed up) won the match? Their reply was 'He / she would not be recognized.' Feeling a little confused, I checked my blue book, and found no mention of this scenario, so I decided to make a quick call to Sedro Wooley. USPSA staff said that I was indeed correct, and that any unclassified shooter was allowed to compete for HOA in whatever division they were competing in--and they gave me Dave Thomas' work cell phone number to call to back it up. This information did not impress match staff too much, match staff person stated 'This is a state match, and I was under the impression we could make up our own rules.' and I decided to leave before I said something I would regret.

Here is where Nemo comes in. I ended up winning Single Stack Division, at least as reported on the USPSA web page. However, just as I was informed by match staff, my scores did not count and the HOA win / trophy / $ was mailed to the first classified shooter--Nemo. A few days after receiving the trophy and $, Nemo sent it to me with an attached note. I wish I had it with me so I could quote it word for word, but I am at work, and the note (which I kept) is at home. Basically it said that he did not feel he deserved the trophy and money, and keeping them would bring him no joy. I replied back to him--and I'd like to tell everyone--that I think that was an incredibly noble gesture, rarely heard of these days. He could have easily kept the stuff, and I never would have known. Nemo and I were friends before all of this, and shot together on numerous occasions, now he is my hero. :DSo... when I grow up, I want to be like Nemo!

Thanks again Nemo, and the steaks are on me at the next match!

Edited by RAZZ

Quick OT question??

I was not going to mention anything about this, but since you asked, I will share.

Let me start this by saying I am not mad at anyone, and I really appreciate all of the hard work that ROs and staff put into running a big match. That being said... At a State match this year, I came down early and shot it on Friday with the ROs due to a work conflict. I shot Single Stack, wanting to get as much practice in as possible for the SS Nationals (not that it helped, as I tanked the SS Nats). I had not shot all of my classifiers at that time, and was still unclassified. Halfway through the match, while eating lunch, I was approached by a match staff person who asked me why I had not changed the division I was shooting in, as I was unclassified in Single Stack. Match staff person stated that U would not be recognized. I replied that I was not concerned about winning 'U' anything, and that I was just happy to be competing in the Single Stack division. The match staff person's reply was, 'No, I mean you won't be recognized at all. Unclassified is not a 'classification', is not recognized by the USPSA, and therefore your scores won't count. The match staff person stated that apparently they forgot to tell me this when I registered earlier in the morning.

I scratched my head a little, because in every match I had ever competed in, unclassified shooters were always allowed to compete for high overall in their division. But I figured either I was wrong (entirely possible) or the match staff person was just misinformed, and I could clear it up with the MD. Fast forward to the end of the day, after a brief conversation, the MD stated the exact same thing--I was shooting 'for fun'. Throwing out a hypothetical question I asked the MD 'So what happens in a few weeks at the Single Stack Nationals if some Unclassified shooter ('cause there was a BUNCH of them signed up) won the match? Their reply was 'He / she would not be recognized.' Feeling a little confused, I checked my blue book, and found no mention of this scenario, so I decided to make a quick call to Sedro Wooley. USPSA staff said that I was indeed correct, and that any unclassified shooter was allowed to compete for HOA in whatever division they were competing in--and they gave me Dave Thomas' work cell phone number to call to back it up. This information did not impress match staff too much, match staff person stated 'This is a state match, and I was under the impression we could make up our own rules.' and I decided to leave before I said something I would regret.

Here is where Nemo comes in. I ended up winning Single Stack Division, at least as reported on the USPSA web page. However, just as I was informed by match staff, my scores did not count and the HOA win / trophy / $ was mailed to the first classified shooter--Nemo. A few days after receiving the trophy and $, Nemo sent it to me with an attached note. I wish I had it with me so I could quote it word for word, but I am at work, and the note (which I kept) is at home. Basically it said that he did not feel he deserved the trophy and money, and keeping them would bring him no joy. I replied back to him--and I'd like to tell everyone--that I think that was an incredibly noble gesture, rarely heard of these days. He could have easily kept the stuff, and I never would have known. Nemo and I were friends before all of this, and shot together on numerous occasions, now he is my hero. :DSo... when I grow up, I want to be like Nemo!

Yes, Nemo is a class act!! I never thought that such a high class person could come out of a place like Ponce ;)

Y

Ok, so do I need to buy anything else if I'm going from a Recoil Master ???

Reverse plug maybe?? And which one ?

Nothing. Reverse plug is already included into kit. You just need to choose the proper plug according your gun' barrel type.

Quick OT question??

:blush: