Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fellow shooters,

I recently shot the PSA Shootout which is an all steel match. First steel match for me. It may not take the place of your favorite other triggerized sport, but damn, was it fun. If you haven't shot the PSA Shootout, then you need to add that to your BYD (before you die) list. It is a ball. It was 6 stages of 30-31 pieces of steel each. Oh it helps to be able to reload quickly, and count. Two things, that I can't do!

You probably already have a gun that is suitable to play with since they have a variety of gun categories. Do yourself a favour and add PSA Shootout to your BYD list. You will not regret it. Oh, and take the family as it is just a few miles east of HERSHEY, Chocolate Town, PA!

Martin

p.s. add the Bianchi Cup to your BYD list too!

Edited by Allgoodhits

Jerry and Perry Shooting the PSA Shootout!

http://www.runandgunchallenge.com/video/Pe...02008%20PSA.wmv

http://www.runandgunchallenge.com/video/Je...02008%20PSA.wmv

Thanks to all who came out and supported the match. Great fun was had by all.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for posting, and thanks for being a SPONSOR. I think you are one of the people who put up some dough for the shooters.

Martin

from VA

1st timer at PSA

1st timer on Steel

1st timer on needing to count while shooting!

rr. reference the results......They will post interim results in the next two weeks......The final ones will be approved by the Board of the PSA club, then results and monies will go out. Just keep checking the website....

Several of the people that are tearing down all the steel and are putting it away are the same people that will be going through all the numbers by hand to make sure there are no errors before putting the interim and final results out.

It is like the old Wine commercial......you will get no results before their time.......LOL

Another wonderful match is in the books and my hat is off to Kay, Brad, Rosie, and all the staff for another safe, friendly, family oriented match with unbelievable weather for that match......The all you could eat Rib night was awesome as well....... :wacko: Groan......

Be there next year as well!

DougC

This is an awesome match. My brother and I have have shot it (3) years in a row now. The people and the match are top drawer!

We look forward to this match every year. Hopefully next year we will shoot (3) guns.

Bob

This is an awesome match. My brother and I have have shot it (3) years in a row now. The people and the match are top drawer!

We look forward to this match every year. Hopefully next year we will shoot (3) guns.

Bob

I shot there friday and saturday . I had a great time. Job well done brad and kay and rosie and the RO .

• 2 weeks later...
Are they ever going to post the results?

Kay, Brad and Rosey (and all of the RO's and other staff) did a great job running this match. They pride themselves in posting accurate final results with payouts. Generally it takes about 2 weeks to get it all done. Please be just a little patient.

Michael P. Gottlieb, Esquire

Does anyone know how they go about getting the shooters the prizes they won?

Do they just send out checks?

You have to drive to Hershey and pick them up! ...............Seriously, they mail them to you.

Yeah, I guess that was a dumb question...

Do you have any idea about why they are canceling such a great shooting event???

Part of the reason IMO is just the sheer amount of work the 3 folks that run the match have to do

along with there regular lives. It's been 10 years, that's a lot of steel moving.

The folks that run the match get nothing back from it, all the proceeds go to the club,

I hope they at least took a free entry or two considering they hardly ever get to shoot

the actual match.

I've worked the past 4 or 5 matches and am very sad to see it go, hopefully someone down in PA

can pick up the torch, but what ever happens it won't be the same family atmosphere as it has been.

(and when I say "worked" the shoot, I didn't do anywhere near the amount that Brad and Kay did)

Thank you Kay, Brad and Rosy for one the best shooting matches that has ever been.

No where else can 500 guns shoot over 4 days at 170-185 targets falling steel targets

and run as smoothly as you 3 have done it.

And thanks to all the others that have taken their own time to work the shoot and make it safe

and fun for all those shooters over the years.

wow. i've been to the last 7 psa shootouts. i really enjoyed every one of them. had i known this was going to be the last one, i would have done better! ;)

thanks to the entire psa crew for all your hard work over the years... :cheers:

Yeah, I guess that was a dumb question...

Do you have any idea about why they are canceling such a great shooting event???

Part of the reason IMO is just the sheer amount of work the 3 folks that run the match have to do

along with there regular lives. It's been 10 years, that's a lot of steel moving.

The folks that run the match get nothing back from it, all the proceeds go to the club,

I hope they at least took a free entry or two considering they hardly ever get to shoot

the actual match.

I've worked the past 4 or 5 matches and am very sad to see it go, hopefully someone down in PA

can pick up the torch, but what ever happens it won't be the same family atmosphere as it has been.

(and when I say "worked" the shoot, I didn't do anywhere near the amount that Brad and Kay did)

Thank you Kay, Brad and Rosy for one the best shooting matches that has ever been.

No where else can 500 guns shoot over 4 days at 170-185 targets falling steel targets

and run as smoothly as you 3 have done it.

And thanks to all the others that have taken their own time to work the shoot and make it safe

and fun for all those shooters over the years.

I agree with everthing Dave has to say here. For those of you who are looking for a falling steel match in Pa there is one being held at http://www.hollidaysburgsportsmensclub.com/ in the fall.. It is about 2 hours from the PSA. I have never shot the match but hope to make it there as soon as the application goes up on their web site. Also, the fine folks at Old Bridge, NJ run a nice falling steel match in October. I have shot it and can highly recommend it. http://www.worldclasssteel.com/

Also, the fine folks at Old Bridge, NJ run a nice falling steel match in October. I have shot it and can highly recommend it. http://www.worldclasssteel.com/

Old Bridge runs a Falling Steel match that can be shot with Pistol, Shotgun and Pistol calibler carbine every month during the warmer (March through December I believe) months. Also two static steel matches, one of which is now affiliated with the Steel Challenge through USPSA and is on eh Smith & Wesson tour.

Jim

Assuming this is true, that's real shame. PSA was one of my regularly scheduled stops during the year, and it was a great time.

On a more positive note, I know of a great knock-down steel match coming up in Tulsa July 26-27! CLICK HERE for more information.

If you can't make it, be sure to watch the coverage on Shooting USA.

Seriously, many thanks to Kay, Rosey, Brad, Leroy, and everyone else for the great experiences, especially 2006! B)

Phil

We are back on! With help from some old faces and new ones. So make plans to be in Hershey on the fourth weekend in April 09.

Chris

Great!! Details plaese as I had told most of my shooters that the match was retired. How can I help?

Mike