Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USSA Training

Putty

I am taking this class in June. Anyone take it as well that can provide a review?

You are in for an excellent class. While I have not trained with Phil since he moved to USSA, I think it's worth considering Phil's background:

-Phil is a former training officer for a federal police force (Capitol Hill Police). His day job back then was to find the most effective way to train every single person the department sent his way - and that pool included all conceivable personality types as well as every skill level imaginable. His job was made tougher still by equipment and budget constraints, and yet, he made sure everyone passed their qualifications (while also being an entrepreneur, father and active competitor).

-Beyond daily LEO training though, Phil managed to come within a single round of besting TGO at the nationals a few years back (so far as I know they are still good friends). He's won titles in IDPA and PPC too, not to mention Bianchi. And he's been to at least 2 IPSC world shoots as well as a slew of international shoots.

-Taken together, Phil's ability to both teach and win at the highest level of the sport equal an outstanding instructional ability. In selecting USSA for your course, I believe you have made a wise choice.

Regards,

Douglas