Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time for a new phone

OK anyone out there with a Blackberry 8130 pearl or a Voyager? I have a Audiovox 6700(big brick) and have to stay with Verizon. Any advice on which of these two I should go with? Or is there something better?

Those all have some nice bells and whistles, but i needed a phone with the reliability/durability of a baseball bat. I put my phone thru hell, and needed a waterproof,dustproof and shock proof model. Only the Casio G-zone had those features. I have droped it from the roof, a moving motorcycle and left it out in the rain. It still looks great and has not missed a beat in a year of use. The other 8-10 phones Ive had are all in a box somewhere dead from similar instances. I am a cabinet maker/carpenter so my job puts my phone thru the extreme. If you have a similar profession it would serve you well.

Had a blackberry, was a nice phone. Worked very well and was handy to use.

Now I have an Iphone. Very different, I was not thinking I would get an Iphone. I went to the store to buy a new blackberry. But after playing with an Iphone I was sold.

Slight thread drift but applicable. Is the blackberry system (i.e Pearl) better than the windows based system (Blackjack)? I have to get a new phone and comments seeme split between the two systems. I was about to post my own but found this thread. I thought additional questions might be helpful.

Depends on your needs Bill. If you need to interface to a corporate network like Exchange and they don't run a Blackberry Enterprise Server then you get to pay more fees for the connection and setting it up is a royal pain. If that is the case, go Windows Mobile. The setup for Exchange is about a 60 second deal for a typical setup. When I upgraded to my BlackJack II a couple months ago I started the setup as I walked out the door of the store and had my email and calendar synch'd by the time I got to the car.

If you don't need to interface into a corporate network then go to the phone store and play with both and see which you like best.

I have employees that have both (we do have a BES) and they like both.