Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I made Sharpshooter in IDPA

98sr20ve

Well, I shot my first classifer in IDPA. I have been shooting IDPA and USPSA events for a little over a year. I just got my Glock before Christmas 07. Anyway I got a time of 140.56 in SSP. I know I could have done better but I am stilled pleased I bypassed Marksman. Just thought some of you would be interested as it was just December of 2006 that I was asking everyone on this forum for advice about if I should even give this a chance. I have joined USPSA and should be classified with them soon as well I would think. That sport seems a little tougher but I am trying to not pay too close of attention to my times at this stage and just hit A's with a little more speed then in the past. Thanks everyone for your help.

Steve

Edited by 98sr20ve

Well, I shot my first classifer in IDPA. I have been shooting IDPA and USPSA events for a little over a year. I just got my Glock before Christmas 07. Anyway I got a time of 140.56 in SSP. I know I could have done better but I am stilled pleased I bypassed Sharpshooter. Just thought some of you would be interested as it was just December of 2006 that I was asking everyone on this forum for advice about if I should even give this a chance. I have joined USPSA and should be classified with them soon as well I would think. That sport seems a little tougher but I am trying to not pay too close of attention to my times at this stage and just hit A's with a little more speed then in the past. Thanks everyone for your help.

Steve

Congrats!

However, if I read your post correctly, you bypassed Marksmen and made Sharpshooter.

The order being NV - MM - SS - EX - MA

Edited by bowhuntr09

Right you are Greg... I had it happen to me three times before I just gave up and went EXP in everything:)

Didn't it also catch up to you???????

Last years MI state match I had a good day and whooped on everybody by about 20 seconds. The 2nd place guy was ribbing me pretty good and said so you're the one who "stole" my first place trophy. Thinking about it I'm still MM in CDP, I really need to run a classifier soon with my 1911 in case I get the itch and want to shoot a match with it.

Edited by Greg Bell

Thinking about it I'm still MM in CDP, I really need to run a classifier soon with my 1911 in case I get the itch and want to shoot a match with it.

I was told that people at the meet had asked for this classifier so that they could compete in the next match. Some rule about you have to have done one in the last year to compete in that class.

Thinking about it I'm still MM in CDP, I really need to run a classifier soon with my 1911 in case I get the itch and want to shoot a match with it.

I was told that people at the meet had asked for this classifier so that they could compete in the next match. Some rule about you have to have done one in the last year to compete in that class.

Yes you do need to shoot a classifier at least once a year, for sanctioned matches they usually check. It is just being fair to your fellow competitors that you are classed properly. People usually don't get to worked up at a local match but rules are rules.