Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable Sight Trivia

Here's a trivia(l) question just for fun...

Which adjustable pistol sight have I never broken?

Clues: I own the pistol; It's the first gun I ever bought; I've shot many thousands of rounds through it, mostly hot factory loads; I have never shot it in USPSA competition; the only thing I ever broke on this gun was its guide rod.

Erik,

I would guess the old stock adjustables from Glock too...except mine alwyas seems to break.

Of course, that might have something to do with me drifting them out, then smashing them on the concrete floor with a sledgehammer. :D

Lots of people get .22's for a first pistol (and I almost even got a Buckmark). And given that Erik hasn't shot it in competition, I bet the only reason is there's no division for it. 'Sides, they're not known for breaking sights.

Browning Buckmark it is, with OEM adjustable sight. It's on the fixed rib so it doesn't reciprocate.

What's wrong with a Buckmark for a first pistol? Good sights, awesome trigger, accurate. Worst I can say about it is the screws come loose from that rib and the gun malfunctions when the rib is loose. LocTite does the trick. So really the worst thing about it is the washers underneath the rib. Maybe I didn't break the guide rod; I for sure broke the firing pin. (But we're talking a bazillion rounds of HV .22 LR through a $240 gun.)

OK, maybe the worst part about it is magazines cost $25 each.

One of these days I'll take it out to the Sacramento steel match and shoot the Rimfire division.

P.S. Another good thing about it is it's not made by an anti-freedom company, Ruger.

I just realized there is an adjustable sight I have not broken on a centerfire pistol. It was a Mec-Gar on a Springfield P9 9x19. (The same sight design was marketed by Pachmayr.) It's not a Bo-Mar copy, which may be why it hasn't broken. I have since removed it and gone back to the original fixed target sight.