Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 AR Section Handgun Championship May3-4

Hello Shooters

This is a last minute reminder for the USPSA AR Section Championship coming up on May 3-4 to be held at CASA. I’ve attached an entry form and the details of the match are as follows.

• I've attached the entry form.

• The match will be at CASA Shooting Range just outside of Little Rock Arkansas just like in years past.

• Please visit our website for more info about the club and driving directions. www.casarange.com

• Set up will begin on Wednesday, April 30 at 9:00 AM and Thursday, May 1 at 9:00 AM. We could sure use the help.

• We will be shooting 12 stages of fire and the chrono. Be prepared for 275+ rounds.

• RO’s will shoot on Friday, May 2 at 8:30 AM for FREE! If you would like to RO, contact Tom Loyd at (479) 229-2619. We still need a couple more.

• RO’s – Saturday, be at CASA by 7:30 AM for a briefing in the Pavilion.

• Competitors – Saturday morning sign in will begin around 7:30 AM, shooters meeting at 8:30 AM. Please don’t be late.

• Competitors – Sunday morning, be at your designated stage at 8:30 AM ready to shoot.

• Lunch will be provided on Saturday for all competitors and staff. Sunday, your own your own.

• Saturday – 8 stages of fire ......Sunday – 4 stages of fire

• You will receive your match books and squad matrix at sign in on Saturday morning from Joy Hyden.

• There will be guns on the prize table.

• Tom Duchmann will be at the match selling bullets, powder, primers ect… Contact him if you want him to bring you something. He does not carry an oversupply, so be sure to call or email him. (504) 458-0093 L1670@aol.com

• $100 Entry Fee ($125 if postmarked after April 19) (No refunds after April 19)

2008_AR_Hndgn_Chmpnshp_Entry_Form.pdf

If there are any questions, or if I left something out, please contact me:

Ron Johnston

CASA

501-821-5611

casarange@sbcglobal.net

Edited by ipscron2000

Hello Shooters

I’m sorry, I left out a couple of local Hotels that we have a deal with if you are traveling from out of town to come to the AR Section Handgun Championship on May 3-4.

The hotels I made arrangements with are:

1. The Springhill Suites by Marriott

306 Markham Center Drive

Little Rock, AR 72205

501-978-6000

Rooms Rate = $89.00

20 rooms blocked from 4/30/08 thru 5-3/08

Reservations must be made by 4/19/08

2. The Courtyard by Marriott

Little Rock West

10900 Financial Center Parkway

Little Rock, AR 72211

501-227-6000

Room Rates = $79.00 for King & $89.00 for double queen

20 rooms blocked from 5/1/08 thru 5/3/08

Reservation must be made by 4/19/08

For those who don't want to stay at one of the above hotels there are 12 to 14 others in the West Little Rock area which can be located a Google search of West Little Rock Hotels or www.travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-191501879-little_rock_hotels-i=nhood-west%2Blittle%2Bro...

I look forward to seeing you at the match.

Ron Johnston

CASA

Hello Shooters

This is a last minute reminder for the USPSA AR Section Championship coming up on May 3-4 to be held at CASA. I’ve attached an entry form and the details of the match are as follows.

• I've attached the entry form.

• The match will be at CASA Shooting Range just outside of Little Rock Arkansas just like in years past.

• Please visit our website for more info about the club and driving directions. www.casarange.com

• Set up will begin on Wednesday, April 30 at 9:00 AM and Thursday, May 1 at 9:00 AM. We could sure use the help.

• We will be shooting 12 stages of fire and the chrono. Be prepared for 275+ rounds.

• RO’s will shoot on Friday, May 2 at 8:30 AM for FREE! If you would like to RO, contact Tom Loyd at (479) 229-2619. We still need a couple more.

• RO’s – Saturday, be at CASA by 7:30 AM for a briefing in the Pavilion.

• Competitors – Saturday morning sign in will begin around 7:30 AM, shooters meeting at 8:30 AM. Please don’t be late.

• Competitors – Sunday morning, be at your designated stage at 8:30 AM ready to shoot.

• Lunch will be provided on Saturday for all competitors and staff. Sunday, your own your own.

• Saturday – 8 stages of fire ......Sunday – 4 stages of fire

• You will receive your match books and squad matrix at sign in on Saturday morning from Joy Hyden.

• There will be guns on the prize table.

• Tom Duchmann will be at the match selling bullets, powder, primers ect… Contact him if you want him to bring you something. He does not carry an oversupply, so be sure to call or email him. (504) 458-0093 L1670@aol.com

• $100 Entry Fee ($125 if postmarked after April 19) (No refunds after April 19)

2008_AR_Hndgn_Chmpnshp_Entry_Form.pdf

If there are any questions, or if I left something out, please contact me:

Ron Johnston

CASA

501-821-5611

casarange@sbcglobal.net

You will have to ask the Match Director, Tom Loyd if you can shoot on Friday. Call him at (479) 229-2619 home.

I don't think Tom wants to publish the stages. Why??? I don't know, I would though if i was MD.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like rain on Friday early and then all is well. :)

Been a while since shooting at CASA, I've always enjoyed myself and don't expect any thing else.

See ya'll there.

Hopalong

Great match !!!!!

Stages that tested many fun and challenging skills.

Kind of small turnout, maybe the gas prices and such Who knows?

If you were thinking about making the trip but didn't you missed another 10 stages of Arkansas finest.

Thanks Tom and the rest of the crew.

Hopalong

Sam, it was great seeing everyone again. I'm not real good with names, but i reconize most everybody. Quite a few new faces it seems.

I sure would have liked to win one of those guns! :cheers:

see ya

Ron Johnston

Great match !!!!!

If you were thinking about making the trip but didn't you missed another 10 stages of Arkansas finest.

Hopalong

Great match !!!!!

Hopalong

I agree, great match.

BTW Sam, it was 12 stages. :)

Chris

Great match !!!!!

Hopalong

I agree, great match.

BTW Sam, it was 12 stages. :)

Chris

not for sam :(

Not to rub salt in a wound, just morbid curiousity;

Why did he get dq'd? Fall into one of the 180 traps?

Dropped gun on the stage with the star. Pulled the handle and arm hit the gun.

He shot a good match up to that time. Damn accurate. Good guy to shoot with.

Chris

Ron,

I was just looking over the results and didn't see your name. Did you not shoot the match?

No I didn't shoot the match. By the time we had it set up, all the fun was gone, so I didn't shoot. By the end of the weekend I was feeling much happier and with I had shot on Friday. Oh well, too late. I love to shoot, but I think I like hanging out with shooters and friends more...

I was highly impressed with every squad.

Ron

No I didn't shoot the match. By the time we had it set up, all the fun was gone, so I didn't shoot. By the end of the weekend I was feeling much happier and with I had shot on Friday. Oh well, too late. I love to shoot, but I think I like hanging out with shooters and friends more...

Ron

I wanted to be there to shoot and work, but somehow I stress fractured a metatarsal bone in my left foot at the first of the year and I don't have alot of confidence in it, yet. I enjoyed ROing more than competing last year cause you get to see so many good shooters.

If anyone posts up some pictures, let me know - stage diagrams never do the real thing justice.

Ron

I wanted to be there to shoot and work, but somehow I stress fractured a metatarsal bone in my left foot at the first of the year and I don't have alot of confidence in it, yet. I enjoyed ROing more than competing last year cause you get to see so many good shooters.

If anyone posts up some pictures, let me know - stage diagrams never do the real thing justice.

Buzz, I'll post some pics in our newsletter in a couple of weeks. Also, we posted a movie of 5 or 6 shooters on our Gallery page. www.casarange.com/gallery.htm Look under uspsa.

I should have more up there in the next couple of weeks. I have been falling behind on my video and picture editing for casa's website.

see ya

Ron