Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stung on the lip by bug in my Diet Dr Pepper (no kidding)

Anyone know what this is?

Flattened I hope....

Looks like it's been decapitated and put back for a pic :cheers:

It was decapitated but the head wasn't moved. It still moved for at least a couple of hours after the beheading. For a while, it looked like it was trying to put its' head back on and then it tried to fly again.

No ill effects other than a slightly swollen lip. I'll see about getting an epi pen to keep handy again.

• 2 months later...
These things are nasty. Every spring, we get nests of them under our eves on our front porch. Luckily no one in our family is allergic.

I had an anaphylactic reaction, not to a sting but to a medication. Fortunately my Dr. office was only 5 blocks away and carried the required medication. With anaphylaxis often by the time 911/ambulance arrives it is too late. I strongly second having an Epi-pen. BTW, I am an RN

Blessed Be

SharonAnne

One more thing I don't miss from Missouri. We used to have to put little plastic lids on soda cans to keep those freaking things out when I was a kid. I went to twist top plastic bottles when they came out just so the myriad of stinging flying things that like to take a sip of my soda wouldn't end up in my mouth. Yuuccckkkk...

Hope you feel better soon man!

Well I feel the wasps heard my really bad joke and tried to take revenge. I got in my car after today's 3-gun match and there were 4 of these things buzzing around in there!!!

4!!!

I am glad I put it in park when I dove out screaming like a little kid!!!

Edited by Shawn Knight

Well I feel the wasps heard my really bad joke and tried to take revenge. I got in my car after today's 3-gun match and there were 4 of these things buzzing around in there!!!

4!!!

Hopefully they weren't Tarantula Hawks and didn't put larvae in you while you were diving out of the car.

(Just said that so you could spend the rest of the day looking for entry wounds) :devil:

4!!!

Hopefully they weren't Tarantula Hawks and didn't put larvae in you while you were diving out of the car.

(Just said that so you could spend the rest of the day looking for entry wounds) :devil:

AAARRGGGHHH!!!!!