Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

28 Days Later

:o

Anyone checked out '28 Days Later' yet ?

Maybe because it was set in london it was closer to home but this is one scary movie. It might have been a low budget film, and didn't really take off when released but this is a real cult movie of the future.

Some bits are a bit silly, but on the whole the message it conveys is all to real in many senarios. Sort of like a 21st century 'day of the triffids'.

Great stuff... just dont bleed on me.

Spook,

you wont be dissapointed, I wouldn't mind but I am in LE and regulary see pretty nasty stuff and dont get scared easy, but this was edge of the seat stuff from start to finish.

I deliberately took the DVD back without watching the making of it or the alternative endings, now I regret not seeing what the other endings were - let us know after you have watched it. :D

I haven't seen the movie yet, but the trailer reminded me of Charlton Heston's film The Omega Man. The original trailer to Omega posed the question, "Why does the last man on Earth always carry an automatic weapon?" It was cheesy but good, if you know what I mean. Not to spoil the movie for anyone, but did you guys note any similarities?

Is this a new release? I didn't see it at the local Blockbuster, but I can look for it today. :unsure:

Incidentally, the classic film "Omega Man" was based on the also classic novella, "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson. There was also another movie based more closely on the book starring Vincent Price.

I like movies where people take responsibility for their own lives and get the job done.

It's coming out for its US release in theatres later this month. It was release in England last year as was so good that they've brought it to us.

Why does the last man on earth carry a full auto? Because there are Friggin zombies or freaky cultists or biowarfare infected bloodsuckers everywhere!

I wonder if Milla (a la resident Evil) will appear in 28 days Later? Sounds like the screenwriter has seen the end of Resident Evil and made a movie of it.

AMEN!

And really, even if you don't encounter any cannibal zombies, there's always the run of the mill Spikey Haired Mutants (SHM) to worry you.

Better safe than sorry, indeed. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. :ph34r:

And really . . . to those naysayers who say we don't "need" to carry a gun. Have they ever encountered radioactive mutant cannibal zombies? If not, how do they know how one should or should not prepare for them?!!!