Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any news on Tri-gun challenge?

Has anyone heard anything about how sign-ups for the tri-gun challenge are going to be handled this year? It seemed like this time last year was when the process was started.

I checked the webiste and no news there.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone heard anything about how sign-ups for the tri-gun challenge are going to be handled this year? It seemed like this time last year was when the process was started.

Information concerning how the registration process for the 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge will be posted on www.trigunchallenge.com by the end of the week, if not sooner, so please continue to check for updates. The Tri-Gun Challenge committee apologizes for the delay!

Lea L Ramthun

Information concerning how the registration process for the 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge will be posted on www.trigunchallenge.com by the end of the week, if not sooner, so please continue to check for updates. The Tri-Gun Challenge committee apologizes for the delay!

Lea L Ramthun

As always, thank you Lea for all you do for this match and us as shooters.

Below is the information that was posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge website a few minutes ago. Registration will be run similar to last year, however guaranteed slot status applies to those competitors who have shot the match 3 or more years, provided they follow the registration procedures. Please keep in mind that many, if not all, of the people that end up on the waiting list usually make it into the match, but usually not until sometime in early July. If anyone has questions I will gladly answer them both via email and here on the forum. Thanks for your patience!!!

Sincerely,

Lea L Ramthun

Advertising, Design & Public Relations

Tri-Gun Challenge Coordinator

DPMS Firearms, LLC

320-258-4448

lear@dpmsinc.com

Attention Potential Tri-Gun Competitors:

The Tri-Gun Challenge Committee has decided that shooters who have competed at the Tri-Gun Challenge 3-or-more years will be guaranteed a spot in the 2008 match as long as the application and entry fee are returned by Tuesday, April 8th.

The 2008 application will be available on www.trigunchallenge.com on Tuesday April 1st.

The application guidelines will accompany the application and must be adhered to or risk your application being delayed or rejected.

For those competitors who have shot the match 2 years or less, and those who have never been here before, a second application will be available at the end of the business day on Friday, April 11th.

These applications need to be returned immediately (via fax or email) as remaining slots will fill quickly. Once slots are filled remaining entries will go on the waiting list. Please remember that many of the 3, 2 and 1 time shooters started on the waiting list.

PLEASE NOTE: IF ANY CONTACT INFORMATION HAS CHANGED (ESPECIALLY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS), PLEASE NOTIFY LEA IMMEDIATELY

If you have any questions, as always, Lea will be more than happy to answer them.

The 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge Registration Form is now available (for those shooters who have shot the match 3+ years) at www.trigunchallenge.com. Also posted is a summary of the registration rules/procedures for everyone's review. The second application (for those who have shot the match 2 or less years) will be available at the EOB on Friday, April 11 on the TGC website. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Lea L Ramthun

DPMS Firearms, LLC

320-258-4448

lear@dpmsinc.com

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody flying to this match? I'm flying out of SFO and would be taking NWA.

I figure I will need to check 3 bags, rifle case, clothes and shooting bag. You get to check 1 bag for free, then NWA charges $25 for the first bag and $100 for the second bag each way. So $250 to check all 3 pieces round trip.

I'm wondering if its better to ship my rifle case and only pay the $25 fee to check in the second bag than to hassle with the airlines.

Hello Everyone.

I know many of you are anxiously awaiting to hear whether or not you made it into the match. My apologies on the lengthy wait. My intent is to process all of the entries this week, most likely Wednesday and Thursday, and should have everything completed by Friday (hopefully). Feel free to email me concerning your status, though I am not in the office until Wednesday afternoon, I am checking and responding to emails and can give you some idea as to where you stand. Again, please accept my apologies, my only excuse is that, like everyone else in the firearms business, things at the office have been busy to say the least!

Sincerely,

Lea L Ramthun

DPMS Firearms, LLC

320-258-4448

lear@dpmsinc.com

To those who submitted registration forms for the 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge:

Confirmation emails have gone out to those who have successfully registered for the 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge. If you did not receive an email, one of three things may have happened. One, the email bounced due to an incorrect email address entered on the form, or there wasn't an email address listed. Two, you are on the waiting list (don't worry, it's not a bad place to be) or three, when you originally submitted your registration form it did not come through the fax correctly, pages were missing (important pages that had contact info on them) or whatever...

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Lea L Ramthun

• 1 month later...

2008 Tri-Gun Challenge Update!

Shooters:

Less than two-months remain until the 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge. Hopefully all of you are excited about the upcoming match and a return visit to St. Cloud, MN and the home of DPMS (or for those of you new to the Tri-Gun Challenge a first visit of many more)! Below is some pertinent information to get you up-to-speed on what to expect at this year’s match.

Where to Stay:

The 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge match hotel is the Best Western Kelly Inn. A block of rooms, with a special group rate, have been set aside and you need to call the hotel directly at (320) 253-0606 and mention the “Tri-Gun Challenge” to receive the special discounted rate!

Other hotels are available in the immediate area (St. Cloud-East), including the Country Inn & Suites, the Best Western Americana, the Radisson Suite Hotel, and the GrandStay Residential Suites. Additional hotel choices such as the Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, Fairfield Marriot and Super 8 are available, however please be advised that these hotels are on the west side of Saint Cloud and therefore further from DPMS and the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club. All competitors should note that the Hwy 23 Bridge is closed until further notice. The bridge closure will affect those competitors staying at the Best Western Kelly Inn and any other hotel located on the west side of the Mississippi River, however a simple detour is in place and we will have maps available at check-in to better assist you with navigation.

If you wish to “rough it,” camping spaces with water and electrical hookups (limited number) are available and must be reserved through the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club by calling (320) 251-9873.

STAGES:

Nine stages are currently planned for the 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge. Please note round counts have yet to be determined, but should be available soon.

SIDE MATCHES:

Two shotgun side matches will allow you to test your skills against your friends and other “big shots” from the shooting community. Plan on packing extra ammo, or as always, shells are available for purchase at the Del-Tone/Luth Clubhouse.

Questions? Let me know...

Stay tuned for more information!

Lea L Ramthun

Edited by LEAR

Anybody know what time they finished up last year? Can I get done shooting, walk the prize table and make a 10pm flight from MSP airport on Sunday?

yes, if it goes like last year