Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you think about this stage?

Its a 105 point stage.

You can start the stage with your finger tips touching your jaw/ears/nose/whatever the way its written. What is "feet crossed?" Can be different things to different people. Maybe add "As demoed by the RO"

The language on T1-T3 needs changed. Just say" T1 T2 T3 must be engaged before entering Box A" Don't say while moving cause truthfully moving can be running at a full run or moving 1 step a year if you get my drift. Or you could add a port to shoot through.

You said time stops with last shot so the use of a stop plate is conflicting and incorrect. Just say "PP1 must be engaged from Box B."

Not a bad stage just needs tweaked unless you want to see the gaming.

14 shots required from box A.

See 1.2.1.3

Can technically make it legal, by calling each side of the barricade a shooting location. The right way would be to add another box/location, or require some paper to be shot from box B.

See 1.2.1.3

Can technically make it legal, by calling each side of the barricade a shooting location. The right way would be to add another box/location, or require some paper to be shot from box B.

I'm not sure i follow u, is that a rule or what? See 1.2.1.3

Does it matter how many shots from each box or what?

See 1.2.1.3

I'm not sure i follow u, is that a rule or what? See 1.2.1.3

Does it matter how many shots from each box or what?

USPSA Rule 1.2.1.3

1.2.1.3 “Long Courses” in Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. Course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

If it where me, I'd just get rid of box B, move popper to the middle of T4-T10 array, put up a wall or block view so you can't see all targets from one side or the other of barricade. Make them shoot half from one side, then the other side.

It's in Power Point, let me know if I need to put in word or something.

Nice stage. I like the left/right challenges.

Rule 1.1.5 -- You can only use shooting boxes with Level I matches.

+1 for what Homie said -- if you put a barrier from the wall extending straight downrange to divide the targets into two sets, and toss in a couple of fault lines, you're pretty much freestyle.

Don't worry about the moving on T1-3 -- most shooters will take those while moving anyway, and those who don't will take their penalty on the clock without needing a procedural to boost it.

A thought for your start position -- make a loop of rope large enough to easily slip off (a circle about a foot in diameter). Make your start position seated in the chair, arms behind the chair up to the elbows, hands in the loop up to the wrists (make the loop large enough to easily drop off. At start signal take hands out of the loop. That tends to keep people seated back in the chair, instead of teetering on the very front edge, which your description allows.

Don't make anything, "As demonstrated by the RO," unless you are absolutely sure all ROs will demonstrate exactly the same thing.

Edited by Punkin Chunker

Points will be round count x 5 (Alpha point value), so with now 23 rounds, it becomes 115 points.

Can specify feet crossed at ankles, or use some of the earlier suggestions. If seated it would be safer to start with gun positioned on barrels, your choice as stage designer of loaded or unloaded start.

Watch for/eliminate passthru from T1-T3 array into T4-T7 array. Not sure about the 8 round restriction, since there are 9 rounds from one side of the barricade or other.

Edited by NMCOpen

Still have a problem with too many shots from one side of the barricade.

You could put the box back, and say that the popper must be shot from outside the box, not forward of the barricade. Put down fault bars, and look at rule 2.1.3.

You should take care that it is difficult, or impossible to lean around the barricade, and shoot all the targets from one side.

Think about where the bullets will go after passing thru T1-T3. The closer you allow the competitors to get to the targets, the closer they must be to a backstop, that will catch the rounds. Are you prepared for the guy who goes around the left side of the barrels, so he can run close by the targets? Don't forget to allow for your tallest, and shortest customers.

Edited by wide45

- you will likely have shoot-through and/or bullet bounce/frag problems from T1-T3

- You don't need any of those no-shoot targets. While they dress up the stage diagram, they aren't adding a whole lot to the shooting challenge. If a shooter misses, they will get a penalty anyway. Putting them out there just increases the setup work load and costs a bit (50 cents a target). I'd save the notshoots for when you want to make the scoring target a harder, by covering up part of it...and really make a miss hurt the score.

- are you restricted on bay size or props?

- you will likely have shoot-through and/or bullet bounce/frag problems from T1-T3

- You don't need any of those no-shoot targets. While they dress up the stage diagram, they aren't adding a whole lot to the shooting challenge. If a shooter misses, they will get a penalty anyway. Putting them out there just increases the setup work load and costs a bit (50 cents a target). I'd save the notshoots for when you want to make the scoring target a harder, by covering up part of it...and really make a miss hurt the score.

- are you restricted on bay size or props?

Nope

chill5500, yes...it has a diagram. It came up for me on another computer (different than the one I posted it from).

If I went with Flex's version I think I would look at some kind of barrier to limit that sweet spot where you can engage up to 7 or 8 targets.

Nah. You can only get the popper from around the side of the wall at the end, so you have to go down range anyway. If anybody wants to stand in that sweet spot and take longer shots while using wide transitions...well, the phrase "gotcha sucka" comes to mind. :)

Options are nice.

chill5500, yes...it has a diagram. It came up for me on another computer (different than the one I posted it from).
If I went with Flex's version I think I would look at some kind of barrier to limit that sweet spot where you can engage up to 7 or 8 targets.

Nah. You can only get the popper from around the side of the wall at the end, so you have to go down range anyway. If anybody wants to stand in that sweet spot and take longer shots while using wide transitions...well, the phrase "gotcha sucka" comes to mind. :)

Options are nice.

Ya, I saw that too, but was thinking about the number of available targets from any one position. That popper would negate any advantage from standing and blasting. ;)

To make it real fun throw up a couple no shoot targets behind that pepper popper to make the shooter actually have to aim and not just hoze away at it. It will also help slow them down a little and make the gamers watch it a little more

To make it real fun throw up a couple no shoot targets behind that pepper popper to make the shooter actually have to aim and not just hoze away at it. It will also help slow them down a little and make the gamers watch it a little more

Great Idea, thanks everyone!

EkuJustice wrote:

What are you? A sadist?!

Hmmn... I have never seen or heard anything like that before.

Is that legal?