Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P 9mm

ormondopen

Dunno about M&Ps (mine is still on order).

BUT - years ago I tried to force the upper from my brother's S&W Smegma (or was it Stigma?) onto my Glock frame; rails started to fit - rest of upper did not. It was a no-go.

Along the same line, Do you know if a M&P40 barrel would work in a M&P9 slide? I think the ejectors are the same between the two calibers but don't know the dimension of the breech faces are equal or if the extractor is the same. I don't own a M&P9.

Let's see: No a Glock slide will not fit on an M&P frame, it goes about half way then things don't match up. I'm not sure about a 9mm barrel working in a 40 slide. It fits, but I don't know about working.

I'm not sure about a 9mm barrel working in a 40 slide. It fits, but I don't know about working.

It does fit and it does cycle by hand. Have not shot it this way, but looks like it should work. The breech face on the .40 slide is a little bigger, hence the 9mm round is loose when compared to the 9mm slide, but the extractor still engages the brass.

I'm not sure about a 9mm barrel working in a 40 slide. It fits, but I don't know about working.

It does fit and it does cycle by hand. Have not shot it this way, but looks like it should work. The breech face on the .40 slide is a little bigger, hence the 9mm round is loose when compared to the 9mm slide, but the extractor still engages the brass.

How about the other way around, Bob? The 40 barrel in the 9 slide?

How about the other way around, Bob? The 40 barrel in the 9 slide?

The 40 barrel will not fit in the 9mm slide. There is a little cutout where the barrel meets the breech face and on the 40 it is bigger than on the 9mm. The 9mm will fit into the 40 slide but it is loose in that little cutout.