Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOOK at the card....

Seth

Be nice - that was the only decent stage for me in the match.

Two shooters on my squad (TJ was one of them) ripped the briefcase open so hard the card got sucked up in the air and turned over and he/they had to reach in the case and turn it right side up.

Mike,

Add two shooters on the squad in front of you, and I know one of them and thank god it wasnt tracy... :wacko:

Find "practical" in random no-shoot targets......

No problem. You want a "practical" reason, and I'll give you one. Imagine 4 "threats" before you and all four make suddden motions. You recognize all four as dangers to you, and react to defend yourself. Three draw guns and one raises his hands to surrender. You have to make an adjustment on how you deal with the four subjects now.

Shooting sports are all games, so why bemoan the bells and whistles that go along with games?

Find "practical" in random no-shoot targets......

No problem. You want a "practical" reason, and I'll give you one. Imagine 4 "threats" before you and all four make suddden motions. You recognize all four as dangers to you, and react to defend yourself. Three draw guns and one raises his hands to surrender. You have to make an adjustment on how you deal with the four subjects now.

Shooting sports are all games, so why bemoan the bells and whistles that go along with games?

Do those bells and whistles present the same stage to each and every shooter. As an example if you have three targets edge to edge and the left target is inadvertantly moved 6" to the left after a number of shooters have shot the stage and another group of shooters shoot the stage with the same target after it has been moved. The rules require restoring the stage back to the original configuration and those shooters that shot it with the target moved to reshoot the stage. If everyone can not shoot the stage then the stage will get tossed. It is not about practical it is about all shooters shooting the exact same stage with the targets in the same position for all.

Now before you bring mover and turners, those present the same movement to all shooters.

I've seen a dozen versions of this "crap" and they are all memory stages not shooting stages.

Neither USPSA or IDPA... should have to stoop so low to make the matches interesting.

The MDs need to consider........ are we testing shooting skills or "somethng" else??????

Isn't there a rule to boot about no shoots and shoots being different colors as well.

nope

4.1.3 No-shoots must be clearly marked or be of a single color different from

scoring targets. Metal no-shoots in the general size and shape of authorized

paper targets may be used. Metal no-shoots do not have a non

scoring border.

Alan