Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas man gives horse to waitress

Calamity Jane

Here's the story:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4353293

ABC news kind of makes this guy seem like an idiot for giving this horse away. I see him as a freak'in genius!! I'm sure he is drinking coffee somewhere today LHAO at what he accomplished.

Here's what he did:

1. He gave that lady HIS monthly bills: board, food, vet, ferrier, trainer, tack and other equipment. Horses have been described as hay burners...what they really burn is MONEY! I know cause I've had a few. Beautiful animals...but expensive!

2. The waitress seems kind of nice...might be a widow...if he has any romantic interest...he just got her attention BIG TIME.

3. He might be able to write the gift of that horse off on his taxes.

So what I like is.... a Texas man who can get out of a horse, look good, and laugh all the way to the bank. My hat goes off to you sir who ever you are. I recognize your genius even if ABC news doesn't. :cheers:

Edited by Calamity Jane

He's used up the asset and then managed to turn off the liability.... and the horse was already a loss ($16K in purse winnings doesn't even cover the first year expenses)...

Yes, Jane, I think you're right.... savvy horseman, there... ;)

I can shoot off mine. I dont blame the Texan, Have you seen the price of hay lately ? Where do you think all that ethanol is coming from. Its coming from corn fields that used to be hay fields. I dont blame the farmers all about supply and demand. So hay is up and horses have dropped like a rock. Took me 5 months to sell a very nice one for about half what he should have went for.