Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 9mm 1911 magwell for ESP IDPA

chrisct

There are several good threads on the different 1911 magwells on the market. 9mm, 45acp, ESP, CDP, USPSA makes no difference. The box it has to fit into for all is the same size.

Search "single stack magwell" "1911 magwell" or just buy a Smith & Alexander.

Might want to look at Novaks that he is selling through Tech Wear. Nice magwell, IDPA and USPSA legal. Very easy to install as well. Any color you want. he had several at the SHOT Show. Very Nice.

pat

Anywhere to see this Novak now. A link or ...?

Might want to look at Novaks that he is selling through Tech Wear. Nice magwell, IDPA and USPSA legal. Very easy to install as well. Any color you want. he had several at the SHOT Show. Very Nice.

pat

Anywhere to see this Novak now. A link or ...?

Merlin,

I think he's talking about the Techwell that Bob Novak sells (Techwear). R,

pat

How are the Techwell mag wells installed?

Keith

The Techwells are installed with Aluma Grips - or you can send Joe your grips to have them machined (Note: wood or rubber will not work - Gunner grips are fine and I suspect that other composits would work too). I can email photos direct of the low profile Techwell (not only box compliant but you can see the base pads) if you like. It would take a couple of days before I could take new, smaller sized photos to post. Email is scout454@gmail.com