Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

two shell holder

45shooter

Has anyone seen or knows who makes a shell holder that allows you to pull two shells at a time. The holder holds the shells nose to tail. You graps the primer end of one with your thumb and then the shot end of the other one with your middle finger and then load them both at once. I know it sounds dumb, but I have been playing with it after seeing the brits do it at benning and it is quick and reliable.

Has anyone else tried this or am I way off base. The shells can flip apart if you are not carefull, but I have practiced it on the run and it seems like it might be the way to go.

45shooter,

Which of my two countryfolk loaded their shotgun that way at Benning !!

I cant have us Brits doing sissy loading techniques - we already give you guys enough to laugh at us about !! :surprise:

anyway everyone knows weakhand loading a shotgun is the only way forward !!

I don't know who was doing this at Ft. Benning, but I do know for absolutly sure that Steve, Mike , and Barry (the 3 Brits) all load weakhand, 4 at a time. I have know all 3 of them since 2003 and I shoot with them all over Europe. I have only seen one Brit do this and that is Adie Sell a pump gunner. I have seen quite a few of the German shotgunners use a two shell holder and load this way, but to be very honest it just isn't that fast. KurtM

• 2 weeks later...

The "German way"of loading using two shell holder and load this way can be done fast though.

Specialy when you use the full handpalm technique. Grabbing 2 shells with the full hand.

George Moskopp designed and built few devices which makes one able to do this technique.

Others made devices which allow you to grab 4 shells togethers making the loading a bit faster.

Contrary "thumb-finger" technique 45shooter describes the shells dont flip that easy away.

I am not German but i trained a bit with the devices and i am quite happy with the technique.

The weakhand loadtechnique i also tried and that felt rigth too.

It depends ofcourse on how much you train and if you train the rigth way.

Most Slovenian shooters loading from a single belt are faster than me in both other loading techniques. :surprise:

Greetings

Adrie

The only video i can show you is me shooting a small stage in Tsechie 3gun match last summer ,you started empty so I had to load 7 (i loaded eight) and then shoot 7 plates.

Each time you see me load it is 2 rounds at the same time , It was the first time I ever shot a match with shotgun (manual pump Benelli Nova) so do not expect a great reloading technic from me.

But the video does show you a reasonable load system you can learn with litlle training effort (i do not train so much on the shotgun :blush: )Tsechie 2007 3gun Cesky Krumlov

I would like to show you a move of a friend of mine who can do one shot load eight and then again one shot under 7 seconds with a Benelli Nova pump and he loads 2 at a time from a (i call it ) bombervest.

But i would have to make that movie first ,iff he agrees :cheers:

But then again he is very strict in dry practice ,and trains a lot on the loading technique (and i do not)

Hi Patrick sure we could make some video's on that. No problem.

Maybe do both techniques mixed, loading 4 weakhand from the box and 4 from "the vest"

Will have to do some practise on the weakhandloading from the box to make it look smoother though.

I made a photo from my equipment, the holders on the vest can be adjusted on to fit the shell length.

And i am a bit lazy so sometimes i just switch vests when i must use different shells.

I also took the picture with the belt using cableclamps too hold the shells.

Somehow i can not upload them, i will e-mail them to you.

I am of to the range in a few B)

Greetings Adrie

The only video i can show you is me shooting a small stage in Tsechie 3gun match last summer ,you started empty so I had to load 7 (i loaded eight) and then shoot 7 plates.

Each time you see me load it is 2 rounds at the same time , It was the first time I ever shot a match with shotgun (manual pump Benelli Nova) so do not expect a great reloading technic from me.

But the video does show you a reasonable load system you can learn with litlle training effort (i do not train so much on the shotgun :blush: )Tsechie 2007 3gun Cesky Krumlov

Thats neat. I wasn't sure how you guys were holding the shells until I saw the video, now I understand.

A33435 mailed me the pictures below.

This is what he uses now,the plates (i call them bombervests :surprise: ) you can adjust for various lenghts of ammo, and was made by a German shooter

A33435 uses two of these bombervests so he can set them up for each stage,if he uses different shell length

A3.jpg

The belt is made by a Tsech shooter and also works the same way by putting two shells on top of each other

A32.jpg

Here are a couple of short video's i made yesterday at our indoor shooting range.

The person on the video is A33435 and as you can see he did his homework on loading from his chestholder ,each time he grabs 2 shells

Load six shoot 1

load 10 shoot 1

and last but not least

load six shoot six

I believe that the 2 shells on top of eachother is an easier method to learn and is just as quick (or even faster) as loading weakhand from a caddy.

I must admit a Nova is extremly easy to load because of the big loading gate

• 4 weeks later...

I believe these vests where made by a german ipsc shooter,but iff you want to be sure sent A33435 (Adrie) a PM

The other one I use works just as fast but cannot hold more then 12 rounds ,I payed 30 euro's for it (47 dollars) but there pretty easy to make yourself.

The problem i had with the vest that adrie uses is that the pieces that hold the shells are pretty sharp ,adrie doesn''t have that problem (maybe i have to train more)

If you want a nice "vest" set up I would check out the Ty vest made by OttoMadeIt Products. I fel it is better than the "off shore" attempt and is much faster! I think Triangle carries his stuff also, I think.

As for the 2 at a time vest thing being faster than weak hand, that hasn't been the case at the last 2 European Shotgun Championships, nor any of the last 4 British shotgun championships. The more insulated groups of shooters are the less likely they are to think that any other way can be as good as what they are doing. I.E. load 6, fire 1 weak hand for a good practitioner of the style runs around 5.50 seconds. My best time last year at the Brittish open to load 8 and shoot 8 on plates at 15 meters was 8.32 seconds from an empty gun start at trail, but that is with an auto. The Nova is well suited to what they are doing as the carrier stays down once pushed the first time. It is NOT spring loaded like an auto carrier. kurtm

If you want a nice "vest" set up I would check out the Ty vest made by OttoMadeIt Products. I fel it is better than the "off shore" attempt and is much faster! I think Triangle carries his stuff also, I think.

But this vest will not allow you to stack two shells on top of each other, did you ever try the weakhandloading and then shove two shells in at one movement ?

You are of course correct, the Ty vest stacks 4 or 6 shells ontop of each other, not just two.

I have never tried to shove two shells in at once, as I load with the shotgun still at the shoulder, and I grab 4 shells at a time not just two. I don't drop the gun and turn it over to load, I feel that this meerly wastes time that could be spent loading.

I have shot a few times with George Moskop and Uve Hausser, so I am well familier with the vest and technique. Matter of fact I will be shooting with them again in Phillipsberg this very summer. KurtM

After thinking about this for a few minutes just wondering how much does one of these vest cost and who do you talk to about getting one???? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I could see me trying to grab them like that and squirting them both out in the air lol. I'll stick to my measly weak hand loading.....

I have shot a few times with George Moskop and Uve Hausser, so I am well familier with the vest and technique. Matter of fact I will be shooting with them again in Phillipsberg this very summer. KurtM

I believe Georg is the maker of those vests ,but i am not sure.

I will be in Phillpsberg as well ,see you there :cheers:

• 2 months later...

I wil be in P-burg as well another 2 times this year ;)

George is indeed the one that made the vests for the ESC2006 in Greece.

Myself shooting the shotgun for the first time ever in 2005 thougth i was not ready for Greece that time.

Lets hope the ESC2009 wil be in Czech Republic because that is THE shooters paradise in Europe in my opinion.

And this time i wil be ready to shoot, and/or work as RO at the ESC.

I think the various loading techniques are for different purposes suitable and the best on different occasions.

When Oliver Damm from Germany stil shot standard i was always impressed how easy he switched from applying different loading techniques.

Stronghand-weakhand-2 at a time, 4 at a time,from a belt from, from a box whatever.

Slovenian shooters like Boštjan Pavlič or Andrej Feguš are more then fast loaders, and they are only using a single belt with clips, they outrun me easy.

I just addapted the single belt + double load vest for my loading technique and i think it is not the most fast but can do.

For me there is stil more to win by inproving the shooting technique :blush:

Greetings

Adrie