Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Not! To Finish Out A Match

lynn jones

This match was the 2003 Old Fort Shoot Out in Ft. Smith, AR.

i had a great match going. i had even won one of the stages. at the end of the day, we had one stage left, a classifier. take a look at this video. this can ruin your whole day and the long ride home. this was the first time i've every been dq'd at a money match. :o

http://www.memphis-ssa.com/dq.mpg

be careful,

lynn jones

My condolences.

I had my best/worst match at Area 1 this year. Of the seven stages I had finished five top 10 the others were 15th and 17th on the 8th stage the cold got to my fingers and I touched off the trigger on a reload. BYE BYE good match :(

Lynn

I just BET that was a LONG ride home! Bummer... :(

It took guts to share that... thanks. I bet that NEVER happens again, but I'm quite sure there’s many, many DQ stories in this forum. I know I have one.

Better luck next match,

Ed

Lynn, that's as painful to see on video as it was to see in person. I know it don't make a difference now, but I groaned for ya. I was happy to see you walked away and not limped away.

BTW, it was nice to meet you and the rest of the Memphis crew.

Later

thanks matt,

nice meeting you too. fwiw, there's a nice hole in the right front corner of that table now.

the reason i posted this was to help everyone learn from my mistake. you have to be in control ALL the time.

another reason is to show how RO's are suppose to handle this type situation.

lynn

Yeah, on that one, like a lot of others I've witnessed, the RO said something other than "Stop," such as "Whoa!," "Huh?," or "Whoa-whoa-WHOA!" Saw it at the Factory Gun Nationals even. I guess it's human nature when you're taken by surprise.

Whoa, sorry about that...

I can totally see how that could happen. With no sound, it looks like you are in the middle of a good run when the RO leans toward you.

I am a newbie, (started this spring) and as such, was just asking specifics in order to learn the lesson you were teaching through this thread/video. Thanks for sharing it.

Matt