Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Class Par Times for Drills

zhunter

OK, how about giving us lowly shooters times in the following drills for Different classes.

i.e. Bill Drill Par time for Each class 6 "A's": D = 4 sec C = 3.60 sec B = 3 sec A = 2.25 sec M = 1.85 sec GM = 1.65 sec

That is just an example, but this would give us a basis for practice and a goal to strive for towards our next classification

Bill Drill

7 Yard Draw 2 shots

10 Yard Draw 2 shots

15 Yard Draw 2 shots

7 Yard Draw one shot reload one shot

10 Yard Draw one shot reload one shot

15 yard Draw one shot reload one shot

Let's base it on Limited and then you will have to figure your own times in should you be shooting a skinny gun etc...

I am sure the GM's and trainers out there in the BE world have a pretty good idea what the times should be.

Just dug out my old notebook too! I don't know if i can still do them cold at these times but I am not that far off in other drills.

Master Open

A Limited

(Limited) Cold- first runs all As.

A---Bill Drill (10yds) 1.80-1.85 (warmed after three runs were 1.66-1.75 avg Fastest ever was 1.51 with a .73 draw all As and probably all luck!)

B---10 yard draw and fire 2--- 1.15 (warm runs were from .98-1.05)

C---10 yard draw fire and reload--2.0 to 2.1 (warm runs 1.83 fastest ever but 1.9-2.0 consistant)

D---15 yard draw and fire2-- 1.2 to 1.3 (never wrote the warm runs down)

E----25 yard draw and fire 2-- 1.3-1.45 (wo warm #s)

Open #s not far off. All cold runs and all As.

A-- 1.78-1.86

B-- 1.10-1.15

C-- 1.95-2.1

D-- 1.15-1.2

E-- 1.18-1.34

I am sure the GM's and trainers out there in the BE world have a pretty good idea what the times should be.

I know what my times were on most of those drills as I progressed though the classification system. I will bet in advance that my times were slower than what will posted here the next few days. :cheers:

I know what my times were on most of those drills as I progressed though the classification system. I will bet in advance that my times were slower than what will posted here the next few days. :cheers:

I am only "A" class in single stack, but my times are significantly slower than the above

These were taken from my old notebook that I use to track my practices with. I am ashamed to say that they are from 2000 to 2001.

I am still able to nail my draw speed and reloads with a timer but I am nowhere near as consistant being that I have hardly shot the past 5 years.

All runs where never truly cold, but my matches never where either. I would do at least 20 dryfire draws before a match or practice and occasionally sneak off for a few more in between stages at major or local matches.

Bill Drill: D - 3.00, C - 2.75, B - 2.50, A - 2.25, M - 1.85, GM - 1.5

7 Yard Draw 2 shots: D - 2.0, C - 1.8, B - 1.6, A - 1.3, M - 1.1, GM - .9

10 Yard Draw 2 shots: D - 2.2, C - 2.0, B - 1.8, A - 1.5, M - 1.3, GM - 1.0

15 Yard Draw 2 shots: D - 2.5, C - 2.3, B - 2.1, A - 1.8, M - 1.5, GM - 1.1

7 Yard Draw one shot reload one shot: D - 3.00, C - 2.8, B - 2.6, A - 2.4, M - 2.1, GM - 1.7

10 Yard Draw one shot reload one shot: D - 3.2, C - 3.0, B - 2.8, A - 2.5, M - 2.2, GM - 1.8

15 yard Draw one shot reload one shot: D - 3.8, C - 3.6, B - 3.2, A - 2.9, M - 2.5, GM - 2.0

This would be VERY useful information to know about your personal abilities in a match.....I have heard that you should know these things said many times...As soon as the weather is conducive to shooting outdoors, I will be out there with these drill on a little cheat sheet and burning that knowledge into my brain housing group. Although I am sure one would have to refresh the data from time to time to stay current with their abilities. Thanks for posting Z and for the ideas...:)

10 Yard Draw 2 shots: D - 2.2, C - 2.0, B - 1.6, A - 1.5, M - 1.3, GM - 1.0

7 Yard Draw one shot reload one shot: D - 3.00, C - 2.8, B - 2.6, A - 2.4, M - 2.1, GM - 1.7

10 Yard Draw one shot reload one shot: D - 3.2, C - 3.0, B - 2.8, A - 2.5, M - 2.2, GM - 1.8

15 yard Draw one shot reload one shot: D - 3.8, C - 3.6, B - 3.2, A - 2.9, M - 2.5, GM - 2.0

Are those your actual times recorded over your career or 'standards'?

The idea behind the "Skills Forum".

"The Idea"

for this forum

benos

bigDave suggested:

"What about a forum where we could post our times on basic skills like... draw to first A hit at 7yds, 15 yds, 25 yds; reload times, followed by A hits at a given distace - two A hits at 25 yds, etc.... get my drift?"

"I think it would be a good place for a discussion on basic fundamentals and tips on improving one's basics?"

Sounds like a good idea to me. A good place to post benchmark times and scores. You can see where you're at, or where you need to go. (Like you ever "go" anywhere...)

:)

be

Flexmoney

How 'bout everyone posting their class along with their times on these test...and state if it is a Limted or Open gun.

Kevin

I agree, sounds like a good idea. We should post our class, and make sure and describe the type of stage or skill and rules to it so everyone is performing the same thing as well as Open or Limited.

and then it dribbled on, so I hacked it from here.

;)

Those are what I would consider goals for each class.

Awesome

Jake, that is exactly what I was looking for. And those times are pretty much in tune what what I am seeing at my current level.

THIS type of info should help!!!!

10 Yard Draw 2 shots: D - 2.2, C - 2.0, B - 1.8, A - 1.5, M - 1.3, GM - 1.0

Are these open or limited times? Major or minor? I am primarily interested in what these would be with a stock Glock 17, but since I last actively competed (if I could call it that) the divisions for open, limited, etc have changed signicifcantly.

Your comments/mentorship will be appreciated.

Those times are for a Limited gun (you could and should use the same times for Production).

If I were to make that list for Open, the changes would only be for the 15 yard segments where I would reduce the time by a tenth or 2. Open guns give the advantage at long range and with partial targets...other than that there really isn't much of a difference.