Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doing This On The First Take!

gmshtr

Pretty Good is a little modest.

I spent 3 days training in a class with him, and he is impressive. Try using a duty holster, with the rotating hood, and duty type open top mag holders for gear and ripping .7's on draws AND reloads with a duty G22, as in 5 lb plus trigger. His reloads from that gear were faster (.75+-) than mine with my limited gear (best .98) not that I'm much of a shooter, but it was pretty cool to see.

Oh yeah, that was with Gold Dot sending a 165 .40 bullet at 1165 FPS! I have a dime sized callus\abcess\growth on my strong hand middle finger from the trigger guard slamming it after just 3 days, and he shoots that stuff daily! All I could think was "Sadist" ..... Of course, dropping from that 210 PF stuff to his weaker 170 pf match load must be a relief!

He was unselfishly trying to help me as well. Pretty cool.

Tom

Tom's also modest. Don't let 'em fool you...he's a solid shooter, who also uses a (mostly stock) Glock for Limited. GOLD DOT surely keeps your eyes working overtime, though! That stuff is HOT! HOT! HOT! My wrist still hurts!

Thanks, Tom

I was going to say "pretty freaking awesome", but I figured I would go for the "master of understatement" award, lol. That little clip of the Hillbillton Drill really rocks. His HF must be way higher than the HHF on file. One of the guys in our club is the firearms guru for a small municipal police department. They carry a G22 in a level 2 Safariland holster with the hood. Phil needs to visit Yellowstone or something and stop by to show these guys how to get the pistol out of the holster.

Thanks, Ron....I dropped 2 points on the paper, but the rest of the stage is Good Editing! I pulled the gun back, thinking I had hit the Poppers correctly (Back left, front left, center, center, Back right, front right) and it turns out that I left one. After some creative language and a bumbling reload, I shot the last steel. I conveniently left the last part out, though! :D I think without the last shot, it would've been 4.60 down 2.........could've, would've, should've.....still doesn't count, damn it. Maybe next time!

Thanks again.

Feel free to spread the word about the web page - www.shootersparadise.com

Hi Nick,

Actually, it's not faster. Remember, you would still have to do something with the caught mag in your weak hand, unless you decided to shoot strong-hand-only while stowing it (bad idea). The fastest reoad w/ retention is too stow the mag in your front waist band, then conduct a regular load from the side. I'll put one of those up on the page, too. My fastest Reload w/ Retention is 1.17 seconds with my duty gun (Glock 22). I'll try one of those and put it on the page.

Phil

I would like everyone to know that........Phil is DA Man!

He will be competing against Eric G. at the Tropical Cup in 2 weeks. Goodluck Phil and represent the US in Costa Rica. Do good because we will all be watching the match results back home.