Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New "ultimate" Ghost Holster

At the moment the holster is only available for the right handed SVI STI configuration, not sure but DO NOT THINK it will fit the levitation belt. It is too big, other models yes we hope so, problem is the variety of dust cover shapes on the dozen or so different 1911's

Next available should be the glock small frame, lefties sorry, special order only we still have a bunch of the old "pin" ghost holster for lefties. (Not my decision)

angus@ghostholster.com

Weren't the really-old Ghosts drilled and tapped so they could be converted from right-to-left hand use? That would be cool, I've already got a lefty pinned one.

Barring that I might have to drag a righty into the Mad Scientist Labs and see what kind of unnatural freak I can create.. Can't be worse than the Lefty Bianchi Hemisphere N-Frame Revolver Holster. :o

As I understand it from a thirty-second look at one, there's the typical Ghost ball, but instead of the pin sticking into the end of the triggerguard, there's a peg there that retracts when the triggerguard pushes on it. The trick is that peg retracting causes a cross-pin to come out from one side just above the 'floor' of the triggerguard (where the bottom of the trigger rides) and thus keeps the pistol from falling out forwards. Looks easily as secure as the old mech, if not more so.

• 2 months later...

I'm hoping the third one is already (partly) on it's way to me. I talked to Angus about it at the Handgunner.

Any other lefties that want one should jump on these. Not everyday Angus'll have 'em in stock.

Yeah, I got it at the end of last week, thanks Angus (What I like: Upgradeable holsters and getting a lefty kit delivered to my doorstep within a week of talking to Angus). I've been remiss in writing it up because I've only used it twice so far (I've been dreadfully remiss in my dry-fire practice), but it's better in every way over my old Ghost and the no-pin-ness rocks!

I did swap the metal locking lever off my old one. I just liked the feel of that a bit better than the new one's plastic lever.

It holds the gun easily as securely in 'unlocked' mode and the draw is noticeably smoother. Locked mode is still wedgie-tight if you forget to unlock it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kevin,

Angus might be able to tell you better, but it is my understanding that the new holster is made to work with STI/SV frames only. I think you might have trouble with the small release latch at the bottom and the different shaped trigger guard on the Caspian. The way the new holster works with the latch at the bottom makes that shape very crucial to performance.

The WORD is that Some 1911's will fit and function perfectly in the ULITMATE.

I know that Para's fit and work as do the SVI 1911's, I do not have access to all the various types of 1911, so I have to leave it there.

If anyone want a holster and is worried they can buy from us. If they are not satisfied they can send the holster back in its otiginal consition for a refund.

(Actually this has been policy since day 1)

• 1 month later...

I've been using the Ultimate Ghost for several months now and have been very happy with it. It's smooth fast and secure. When locked , the gun isn't going anywhere. This weekend at the GA state match I had a problem with it though. At the load and make ready , I went thru the usual drill and placed my gun in the holster , then locked it and immediately unlocked it again before the are you ready command. At the beep , I went to draw and the gun would'nt budge , I looked down and the holster was unlocked , but the ball seemed to stay in the locked position. I yanked on it several times and finally it came out and the shooting started , but it cost me about 10- 12 seconds. It was the first stage of the match and somewhat cold outside @ 48 F. I'm not sure why it jammed up. With probably thousands of draws , it has never happened before and didn't give me a problem the rest of the day. I guess it was just a fluke , but it cost me several places in the match. Just my luck that it happened at the most critical moment , first draw of the day at a major match.

Bill