Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Mississippi Classic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from a work night at the range getting ready for the Classic. John tells me we are already over 150 shooters signed up. We will have to cut this off at 200 just to make sure we can get everyone shot in a reasonable amount of time without a lot of dead time for people between squads/stages. If you have not sent in your entry, DO IT NOW! We want everyone who can to shoot this match, but we will have to cut things off at 200. Hope to see you there :)

Oh, and if you are shooting a revolver, you are doubly welcome. :D

Hop, you gonna RO, or just shoot with the rest of us? If ROing, what stage?

Hope to see ya there.

ETA: John, the stages look good. Ought to be a good match.

Edited by buzzworm

Hop, I would not count on that, but if you are here Friday evening, I could be persuaded to purchase a 6-pack or two to help get over the agony of how bad I am going to shoot. :lol: i hope you have got some guys coming with you to shoot the wheel, cause right now the turnout for real gunners looks pretty low. Most seem to be shooting the "girly-man" bottem feeders. <_<B)

All Hail the Wheel-Gunners! :bow::cheers:

Just in case anyone missed the e-mail sent out to registered competitors the other night:

Greetings Competitors,

The 2008 Mississippi Classic is only a week away and, on behalf of the match staff, it is my pleasure to bring you a few last minute details:

1. Competitor check-in will be held in the meeting room of the match hotel (Cabot Lodge) on Friday, May 16th from 8:30pm until 10:00pm. If you can not attend, please make arrangements for someone to pick up your match packet for you.

2. There will be a limited check-in at the range on Saturday morning from 6:30am until 7:00am for those unable to attend Friday night. Walk-in competitors wishing to register for the match may do so Friday night or at the range prior to the match if spots remain available. Standard late entry fees apply. No competitor registrations will be accepted after 7:00am.

3. All competitors should plan to be at the range no later than 7:00am on both Saturday, May 17th and Sunday, May 18th.

4. The 2008 Mississippi Classic consists of ten challenging stages, including one classifier stage, with a minimum round count of 238. Stage diagrams for the 2008 Mississippi Classic have been posted to the match website (http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/).

5. RO's, Vendors, and approved shoot throughs will shoot on Friday the 16th beginning at 8:00am. The range will be open to spectators and you are free to examine the stages while they are not in use, but we ask that you please observe the roped off areas and that you do not interfere with the squads shooting each stage.

6. Don't forget to put in your pre-orders with our vendors (http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/2008/vendorscorner.php) prior to the match to make sure you get the supplies you need. Tom Duchmann of Action Shooting Supplies says he needs your orders by Wednesday to ensure delivery at the match.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the match and I look forward to seeing you all on the 16th at the Cabot Lodge.

Respectfully,

John L Heiter

Match Director

2008 Mississippi Classic

John,

I thought that we might have to fight through pleasant 80 degree days for the match but we might just luck out and get the mid 90's of last week :wacko:

Maybe, just maybe, we can find some way to stay cool. :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Chad

Well, I sure don't want to jinx anything this close to the match, but looking at the 10 Day forecast on weather.com for the 39272 zip, I really don't think I could be any happier about things. Some showers predicted for earlier in the week, but the forecast for Fri-Sun looks fantastic with sunny skies over the weekend and high temps from 76-82.

Sorry Chad. If that's too cool for proper enjoyment of your favorite beverage, I'll see if I can't rig up a space heater.

I got a question..This is my first time shooting this match and I assumed that it was a one day format.

From one of the thread it seems that this is a 2 days gig.

COuld someone clarify this for me. I only made a hotel reservation for Friday night and I was planning on heading out after the match. Is there some squads that are shooting a one day format and others that are a 2 days format...Alittle help please...No biggie but I need to find out so I can use some more of my Marriot Points and put more beer in the cooler.

Its my understanding that only RO's and vendors will shoot a one day match. So bring more Beer!!!!!!!!
Correct...ROs, vendors, and approved shoot throughs shoot on Friday 5/16. All other shooters will shoot on Sat and Sun

Ro's will hopefully shoot a few stages Thursday and finish on Friday. Shoot throughs and out of town RO's do it on Friday. Plan for two nights and the necessary beer. Based on current weather forecasts, RO's and Shoot through should bring rain gear. Regular competitors bring sun screen. :closedeyes::P