Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiousity, whats the range surface like? Should I bring cleats? Thanks.

hey jack,

bring them cleats. it's all grass and dirt.

lynn

Thanks for the heads-up, Lynn! We'll see you this weekend!

It is all coming together guys. The grass is cut, and today we got seven out of the ten stages set up. Rain off and on all day, but not to bad. Tomorrow should see the other three stages up by noon or so and then it's just a matter of going around and making sure all the last minute crap is done, barrel positions marked on the ground, walls nailed down and tied together, etc. With any luck, some of us will get two or three stages in and finish early on Friday to help the rest who can't get here until then.

Jack, cleats might come in handy on some of the stages, but they may only be really necessary on one of them, and that really depends on how much more rain we get and how much it dries out on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you here.

John is still taking match registrations over the phone for any who think that they can't snail mail it here in time, but you need to hurry. We are close to max.

All A's to everyone that can make it!

I will be sitting this one out (last minute family issue). I know that you are going to be in for a great match . . . I am already planning for next year!! Have a great and safe weekend!!

Hi guys,

Just finishing up some last minute paperwork after a pretty long day. I feel really good about the way the match is shaping up this year. We've got far more friends coming to play this year than we did at last year's match, we've got a much better prize table than last year already and we're still not done, the stage setup is well ahead of schedule (way ahead) thanks to some hard working folks who busted it today, and, if the weather guessers can be believed, we're in for it tomorrow but it's looking like it should all be out of here by Friday.

The range is in pretty good shape overall. It started out fairly dry so a lot of the stuff from today is going to soak right in. Tomorrow could see that change but we've done all we can including spreading some tarps out ahead of the rain to try to keep shooting areas dry for the weekend. We'll also be making arrangements for some sort of surface improvement (sand, straw, etc.) to have handy in case things are sloppy.

I won't tell you what footwear to bring, but I will say we have good grass on 9 of our ten stages. The tenth is sandy dirt that we recently re-graded to try to keep it dry and everyone is under strict instructions to keep the vehicles off of it to try to keep things nice. There are no planks, bridges, etc. in the match this year so, if you're the cleats type, you should be ok through the whole match. I can never get going fast enough on flat ground to actually lose traction so it's not a big concern for me. :P

I'll be down at the range all day tomorrow but I'll have my crackberry with me so, if anyone needs me or has questions, just e-mail me at msclassic@teammagnolia.com.

Hope everyone has a safe trip in and I'm looking forward to a great weekend.

John

I'm working this morning in Nashville.

Going to bug out early afternoon and hit the road.

I still don't figure to make it to the hotel until late..... long drive.

Next year, could we have the Miss. Classic in Birmingham?

Tony

Just a travel note....for the PASSENGERS of course.....if you are driving in from the east on 20 you might want to fill the COOLER up in Birmingham or Tuscaloosa as there is not much in between Tuscaloosa and Jackson.........I even discovered the DREADED "DRY" county on my first trip over......... :o

Drive Safe and see everyone tomorrow :cheers:

Randal

I'll send a note to John Heiter later but just wanted everyone to know that if they missed the MS classic this weekend, they missed one of the best matches in the southeast. Everything ran smooth with great weather, great prizes and best of all, great people.

dj

John,

You are a class act and I'm glad I've got to know you a little better. I've always been impressed with the setup and follow through at this match but it just seems to get better each year. The stages are really fun and the RO's are ready to help. This ranks as one of the "must shoot" matches that I know of. I'm already looking forward to coming next year.

Thanks,

Bryan Reid

Thanks guys. I had a great time and I really appreciate all the kind words. I'll send out an official e-mail to everyone in the morning once I've gotten some sleep, but for now I just want to say thanks to everyone who came out for the match and a huge THANK YOU to the staff who worked so hard to make this thing happen.

Match results are up on USPSA's site and there's a link to them as well as a "combined final" results available on the match website at:

MS Classic

John

Well, we made it back to S.C. early this morning. Thanks to everyone who put this match together. We had a great time. Fun stages. I picked up a lot of good ideas for our match.

Hopefully, John, Sandra, Tee-uumm, and I can m ake it back next year.....

Randall, Who is Lee?

Edited by Jack Suber

Make it back to SC very early this morning. Caught a few hours of sleep, then hit the office.

I had a great time at the match-although the case separation wasn't fun! :blink: To the RO's on Stage 2, thank you for your assistance. To John, Lloyd and everyone else who made this match possible, thank you. You deserve a big round of applause. Great stages, good design and great hospitality-all the ingredients for a successful match. :)

Looking forward to next year's match!

Randal-where's the challice?

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Make it back to SC very early this morning. Caught a few hours of sleep, then hit the office.

I had a great time at the match-although the case separation wasn't fun! :blink: To the RO's on Stage 3, thank you for your assistance. To John, Lloyd and everyone else who made this match possible, thank you. You deserve a big round of applause. Great stages, good design and great hospitality-all the ingredients for a successful match. :)

Looking forward to next year's match!

Randall-where's the challice

I think Randal had a problem with his knee!

Randall, Who is Lee?

I got Lee figured out now, the question now is, who's TIM :blink: ???????

If anyone runs across Folger tell him I found a few more of his bullets.........

Chalice......what chalice?????

Apparently it was my EYES :surprise: couldn't see anything WHITE, BROWN or objects resembling a BARREL.....made for a LONG MATCH, other than that I was FINE!

Another GREAT MS Classic (as always) see everyone next year......