Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trugrip

spook

I did a search and it didn't really come up with anything useful. I would like to know if Trugrip is good for old style Glocks without fingergrooves. Especially on the frontstrap.

Edited by spook

Once you apply and use Eric's Tru-Grip you will never want a HG without it again. Ever.

Yeah, even after it wears holes in the lining of your suit coats and you have to patch them all up with evidence tape. :cheers:

Edited by tTito

Received my Trugrip today in the mail. 6 days to get it to Europe. I'd say that's some fast service right there.

I was impressed. Package included ziplock with 3 Trugrips and even the alcohol dabs to clean the grip with. I decided to RTFM before I installed them and was glad I did. It took me about 10 minutes and I really took my time.

Well, it is on the gun and I have only one word: AWESOME!

What I like is that it offers grip EVERYWHERE! I used Decal Grip before this and that was a big upgrade from no grip tape at all. But Trugrip has a big advantage over other kinds I used. And it fits my 2nd generation like a glove.

• 1 month later...

I took the TruGrip off yesterday. I have one quite some training and the left upper part (next to the slide stop) began to slide.

I like how the gun feels without it for now. I'll have to try it out on the range though.

Strange though, I began using grip tape on my revolver and when I got my Glock, I immediately added tape, without even trying it stock.

The stock Glock grip is way too slick as it comes, and after carrying it for 5 years or so, it's much worse. Hard to maintain a consistent grip from shot to shot, especially with wet hands. Trugrip is the best I've found. Eric does a fantastic job on them. The only problem is ther almost TOO good! Like tTito said, it catches on clothing and can excessively wear same. I use some sandpaper to dress it down to my liking, so it doesn't hang up on clothing so much while still providing a secure grip.

The stock Glock grip is way too slick as it comes, and after carrying it for 5 years or so, it's much worse. Hard to maintain a consistent grip from shot to shot, especially with wet hands.

I have to try the stock grip out oin the range tonight, but I wonder how Dave Sevigny does so well with the stock grip.

Does anyone know if he uses ProGrip or something similar?