Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving

JThompson

I'm thinking about getting out of IL and heading back to GA where it doesn't get so cold and I'll be able to carry. :) It's close to the Macon area... are there any members from down there and what clubs are good?

Charles Bond, the Area 6 director lives in Warner Robins. He should be able to help you out...

Later,

Chuck

PS: Why not go to the USPSA Mother Ship in PHX?

My friends IMA45DV8, Singlestack, Vrmn1, 00Bullit and boz1911 among others are from the Atlanta area. They'll hook you up!

When you're down here again don't forget to swing by the Brunswick match (4th Saturday) every once in a while.

B)

I live just south of Atlanta, about 40 minutes north of Macon. IM me if you have any questions and I'll try to help out. We are very lucky around here, there is a match every weekend within 1 1/2 hour drive and a couple matches during the week in the evenings.

Housing should be real easy for you to find around here. New home prices are about 25% discounted right now and it is a buyers market for sure.

Michael

We'll definitely miss you if you decide to go, but I totally get wanting to get out of this state. The only reason I'm still here is I haven't talked Smokey into moving. :)

I'll miss you guys too. I'm not 100% on it yet, but I should know within a few weeks.

Edited by JThompson

J, come on down. Weather is not bad although it's supposed to be 19 degrees New year's day. Shooting is great, secenery is fantastic, and there ain't no better looking women in the world.

Monthly outdoor matches are virtually every weekend. Griswoldville (Virtually in Macon) and Cool Springs (maybe and hour North) would be the closest as far as I know.

The area 6 match is always great.

Seriously, I've lived a lot of places and Georgia is one of the few that has it all!

JT, Gotta agree that moving is a good thing. We just moved from St. Louis to Scottsdale last Thursday. Left 12 degrees and snow to arrive to low 60's and sun.

But yeah, the actual moving part sucks. Think flat tire on the trailer towing my car in the middle of nowhere New Mexico as the sun is starting to go down. Oh what's that, no spare?? :surprise::angry2:

Edited by Neomet

Boz1911 don't know his geography to well, Cool Springs is maybe 30 or so minutes northwest of Macon and a very good match. Just hackin on you Boz. :D Griswolville is about 15 minutes northeast of Macon. In Fayetteville we have a greta weekly fun match.

Griffin Gun Club has a monthly (kinda) match on Thursday nights and a great monthly Steel Challenge match. I am about 35 or so minutes north of Macon in Griffin im me, email me, and we will set you up with some place to shoot.

Boz1911 don't know his geography to well, Cool Springs is maybe 30 or so minutes northwest of Macon and a very good match. Just hackin on you Boz. :D Griswolville is about 15 minutes northeast of Macon. In Fayetteville we have a greta weekly fun match.

Griffin Gun Club has a monthly (kinda) match on Thursday nights and a great monthly Steel Challenge match. I am about 35 or so minutes north of Macon in Griffin im me, email me, and we will set you up with some place to shoot.

Actually I'll be close to a little town called Dublin, so it looks like there will be some driving involved. The club I shoot at now is 15min and open 24/7 I'm going to miss that.

How much are your current neighbors chipping in for this to happen Jim ?:goof: :goof: :devil:

I don't blame you a bit, when I leave this hell hole I am headed SOUTH for sure and hopefully WEST. A thousand miles southwest of here would be a good start. North central New Mexico is my current wish. Can't get too close to Gentleman Jim though, I have a feeling he and I would be in trouble constantly.......

How much are your current neighbors chipping in for this to happen Jim ?:goof: :goof: :devil:

I don't blame you a bit, when I leave this hell hole I am headed SOUTH for sure and hopefully WEST. A thousand miles southwest of here would be a good start. North central New Mexico is my current wish. Can't get too close to Gentleman Jim though, I have a feeling he and I would be in trouble constantly.......

Well.. I have had a couple of offers to help me pack. :P I'm sick of cold weather and sick of the anti gun laws. My hands hurt all the time in the winter and I'd like to be able to shoot outside all year round. I'm spending way to much time shooting indoors. I haven't even had mu lead count tested cause I know it will be through the roof. The more I think about it the more I want to go... how cool would it be to live in a "Shall Issue" State after living in a no issue for so long?

Griswoldville will be the closest match to Dublin. As far as a place to plink I have no idea but I am sure down there you can find something.

Get ready for some damn HOT HUMID summers with lots of gnats.

Being able to carry is a damn good thing. I have been to Chitown a few times and really to visit there but no way could I love there.

Edited by vrmn1

Griswoldville will be the closest match to Dublin. As far as a place to plink I have no idea but I am sure down there you can find something.

Being able to carry is a damn good thing. I have been to Chitown a few times and really to visit there but no way could I love there.

I lived there for 5 years some time ago, so I know what a hot mutha it can be. May be I can sweat off a few pounds out there. I haven't missed those summers or the fire ants either. :) If I get the ball rolling I would like to do a bunch of area matches and would try and be on the road during the hottest times of year.

I thought there was a club right in Dublin...

PS I do no the dif between a yankee and a goddamned yankee. ;) Ya'll don't like yankees a whole lot down there. :) I was born south of Atlanta if that helps. :D

EDIT: Found this http://www.mggoa.com/dis.htm

Edited by JThompson

I lived there for 5 years some time ago, so I know what a hot mutha it can be. May be I can sweat off a few pounds out there. I haven't missed those summers or the fire ants either. :) If I get the ball rolling I would like to do a bunch of area matches and would try and be on the road during the hottest times of year.

I thought there was a club right in Dublin...

PS I do no the dif between a yankee and a goddamned yankee. ;) Ya'll don't like yankees a whole lot down there. :) I was born south of Atlanta if that helps. :D

EDIT: Found this http://www.mggoa.com/dis.htm

Thats looks like a nice club.

Oh I don't mind yankees, matter of fact I keep hoping Sherman will show back up and fix Atlanta again.