Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Indiana Section and State Championship

My son and I will be driving up from SE Georgia. I don't think it's as far as Colorado but it's downhill from there to Indiana?? :rolleyes:

Downhill and an easy drive. No trees or hills or turns to get in the way. Just take I-70 forever until you get to Indy. Hang a right on I-65. Go about a hundred miles to exit 7 and hang another right. The range is 3 miles on the left.

:cheers:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the stages for the first time. They look like great stages. I'll get my application out this week. Have any Sunday am slots left???

Had a great time last yr match and will be back for this one.

Flyin40

I have been meaning to post an update on this forum. Couple of quick items:

1. The stages have been approved by NROI. We made some adjustments to Stages 2, 5, and 7. Updated versions are posted on both the match website (here) and the Indiana Section website (here).

2. We still have plenty of slots available for ALL sessions. HOWEVER, we have recieved TWICE AS MANY apps as we had by this time last year, and we filled the match last year. We will have more slots available this year because of the ability to start each day earlier than last year. I would recommend you submit apps sooner rather than later. For those who have recently submitted apps, I am a little behind on processing. May not get to them until after next weekend - Calamity Jane and I going to Georgia for the Area 6 match and we are busy packing and prepping.

Sent in my application for Saturday PM. Coming all the way from Colorado for this one.

I think they should give a "Devotion" award for the furthest traveled.

I am actually considering this. In addition to the app from Colorado, I have also received apps from New York state. We'll be doing some mapquesting to check for distance.

With people coming from Colorado and Georgia I think it shows how great of a match David puts on! :cheers:

I appreciate the compliment, Corey. But the truth is at this point we have around 50 people either currently working on the match or signed up to work on it. Team effort, all the way! ;)

I think they should give a "Devotion" award for the furthest traveled.

I agree - I will be coming from Chicago...how far is everyone traveling???

Only Chicago? :)

True - doesn't compare to Colorado or Georgia....but I am driving to Georgia to shoot Area 6 on Friday...does that count for anything?

Looking forward to a great match! :cheers:

With people coming from Colorado and Georgia I think it shows how great of a match David puts on! :cheers:

+1 Last year was my first one and it was the best pistol match I have even had the pleasure attending. Outstanding staff and stages. Very well run match.

Chris C.

I have been working on the prize table for the last several weeks. Request went out way back at the end of Jan, and there have been some really good responses.

We are going to have some cool stuff. One of the big ones is going to be a custom built limited gun, all with donated parts.

STI frame

Nowlin Barrel, speed demon action kit and small parts

Caspian slide and adjustable sights

from Chris Patty ( www.cpwsa.com )Dawson Ice magwell, McCormick beavertail, and Swenson thumb shield style ambis

This gun is being built by Bob Miller, www.millercustom.com .

Bob was requested by Richard Hienie and Dave Williamson from Springfield to build a prize gun for the Single Stack Nats.

Bob is donated his time and skills to build this for this match.

For this gun everyone that signs up and shoots that match will receive and entry for this build.

I am also working on getting a few other parts together for a second limited gun build from Bob.

Caspian sent along a hi cap frame for donation, once I get s few odds and ends together for that we will have a 2nd custom build gun.

Still working out the details on it, and wil update as soon as I finalize everything. Going to work something out for a raffle for the JR's program on the second gun once everything is set up, I will let you know.

I will update with a full list this week of everything donated so far.....

Time to get signed up for what is sizing up to be the largest Sectional Match this year.

• 4 weeks later...

post-2563-1211254007.jpgpost-2563-1211254020.jpgpost-2563-1211254042.jpgpost-2563-1211254053.jpgHere are some teaser pictures of the two guns that Bo Miller ( www.millercustom.com ) is building with all donated parts.

The STI frame gun is going to be a raffle gun, tickets will be for sale at the match.

The Caspain frame gun will be a door prize gun, everyone that signs up and shoots the match will have a chance at winning it.

These are still in the white and not all the way complete yet. Guns are going to be finished in Melonite that is being donated by

Drake's gunworks (www.drakesgunworks.com )

Also Bob is bring some of his gunsmithing tools and equipment and is going to set up for the weekend, he can do action jobs and some other things for you during the match. If you need to contact him about pricing or what he is going to be able to do send him an email

sales@millercustom.com

Dave said on Sunday that the match is about 85% full, with a few slots left on Sunday, and still openings on Saturday morning.

Along with the Miller Custom Guns we are going to have a

custom built single stack from Chris McCoy that he is donating,

a Detonics Service Master http://www.detonics.ws/servicemaster.html that they donated

and a couple of XD's (service size 40S&w, and 45acp compact, a Smith 642 and Uberti single Action (these were donated by Shooting Supplies)

Time to get your app in

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/SubSites/Indi...Application.pdf

I don't have this completely updated yet,

but here is what we have going on so far:

Company Donation Amount Rec'd Notes Level

CENTER OF MASS 24 IN CAR GUN SAFES $600.00 Y 24 QTY STAGE

NOWLIN PARTS FOR CUSTOM BUILD $600.00 Y PARTS FOR BUILD STAGE

STI FRAME FOR CUSTOM BUILD $519.00 Y FRAME STAGE

STI OKO RED DOT SIGHT $217.00 Y 1 QTY STAGE

C.O.M 2X $10 CERT $20.00 Y 2 QTY BRONZE

C.O.M 3 GLOCK BEAVERTAILS $60.00 Y 3 QTY BRONZE

GLOCK 6X 9MM HI CAP MAGS $180.00 Y 6 QTY SILVER

NIGHTHAWK CUSTOM 3X 40% OFF CERT Y 3 QTY GOLD

NIGHTHAWK CUSTOM 1X $500 OFF CERT $500.00 Y 1 QTY GOLD

BOBSTER EYEWEAR 1 SET SHOOTING GLASSES $125.00 Y 1 QTY BRONZE

BOBSTER EYEWEAR 1 LED, 1 COMPASS, 1 HARBINGER Y TOTAL OF 3 ITEMS BRONZE

MIDWAY USA $25 CERTIFICATE $25.00 Y 1 QTY W/ CATALOG BRONZE

RUGER 6 COFFEE MUGS $200.00 Y 6 QTY SILVER

RUGER 5 HATS Y 5 QTY SILVER

RUGER 5 PAIRS SHOOTING GLASSES Y 5 QTY SILVER

RUGER 7 SHIRTS Y 7 QTY SILVER

STARLINE BRASS 12X $50 CERTIFICATE $600.00 Y 12 QTY (WITH CD'S) STAGE

LASERLYTE LASER BORE SIGHT $65.00 Y 1 QTY BRONZE

PELICAN 1X PISTOL CASE $100.00 Y 1 QTY BRONZE

PARA ORD 35% OFF CERTI Y 1 QTY BRONZE

BAR STO 1X FREE BARREL CERT $200.00 Y 1 QTY SILVER

SAFARILAND 2X $100 CERT $200.00 Y 2 QTY SILVER

ZERO 2X $50 CERT $100.00 Y 2 QTY BRONZE

TRIJICON 2X $100 CERT $200.00 Y 2 QTY SILVER

PRECISION DELTA COPR 6X $50 CERT $300.00 Y 6 QTY GOLD

COMP TAC 4X CERTIFICATE FREE BELT $130.00 Y 4X CERTIFICATE BRONZE

CPWSA PARTS FOR CUSTOM BUILD $325.00 Y PARTS FOR BUILD GOLD

REDDING RELOADING 2X 1/2 OFF CERTI Y 2 QTY BRONZE

CASPAIN FRAME FOR CUSTOM BUILD $455.00 Y FRAME FOR CUSTOM BUILD STAGE

CASPAIN SLIDE, PARTS $300.00 Y PARTS FOR BUILD STAGE

GUNSTEEL BEAR TRAP $200.00 Y 1 QTY SILVER

ROBAR 1X$285 METAL FINISH CERT $285.00 Y 1 QTY SILVER

METALOY 2X COMPLETE REFINISH $442.00 Y 2 QTY GOLD

BROWNELLS 200+ BAG STUFFERS $150.00 Y BAG STUFFERS SILVER

BIRCHWOOD CASEY BAG STUFFERS $150.00 Y BAG STUFFERS SILVER

SLIP 2000 BAG STUFFERS Y BAG STUFFERS SILVER

RUGGED GEAR 1 SHOOTING CART $200.00 Y 1 QTY SILVER

CED 2X 25% OFF CERTIFICATE Y 2 QTY BRONZE

TRUCK VAULT SYSTEMS LIMITED EDITION PICTURES $400.00 Y 1 QTY GOLD

METALFORM MAGAZINES MAGAZINES $600.00 Y MAGAZINES STAGE

BLACKWATER USA $500.00 Y GOLD

CHRIS MCCOY GUN $1,500.00 Y GUN STAGE

STARLIGHT CASES PISTOL CASES N NOT REC'D STAGE

CAYLOR CUSTOM 3X $50 CERTIFICATES $150.00 N NOT REC'D SILVER

DETONICS PISTOL $1,500.00 N NOT REC'D STAGE

IRON MIND 3X CERTIFICATES N NOT REC'D

UNIQUE TEK N NOT REC'D

TRIPP RESEARCH MAGAZINES Y 10 MAGS GOLD

HODGON POWDERS N NOT REC'D BRONZE

DECOT HY WYD CERTIFICATE N NOT REC'D

TARGET SPORTS $150 CERTIFICATE $150.00 N NOT REC'D SILVER

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY CARE PACK (SHIRTS) N NOT REC'D

SHOOTERS SUPPLY 4 GUNS N NOT REC'D STAGE

Top Ten Reasons to Attend Indiana Sectional in 2008

10) Southern Indiana is beautiful this time of year.

9) School will be out, and what better way to celebrate than with a major match.

8) Like a Sears and Roebuck suit it is cheap, cheap, cheap.

7) All the Presidential candidates have left the state so little chance of catching whatever they have.

6) John Amidon has approved the stages so now we can do what we want. (show up and see if this is true)

5) The Rhino will have plenty of stats help so there will be plenty of time for him to run his mouth.

4) There will be rat bastards and magnificient bastards in the house and on the range.

3) Pharoh Bender will be on display in all his blue glory. (only the smurfs are more blue)

2) Wild Turkeys can be viewed on the range, and drunk after the match.

1) If you need a reason to go shoot you must be __________________.

Edited by RoyceLowellPatton

So far nothing back yet from S&W,

however instead of the M&P the raffle tickets will be for the custom built limited gun by Bob Miller, tickets will be $10 with some of the proceeds being given back to the USPSA Jr program

It is built on an STI frame, with Sheumann Ultimatch AET 40s&w bull barrel

Nowlin speed demon action kit, sweson style safeties, melonite finish, etc

Plus this year just signing up and shooting the match will get you in the drawing for the other custom built gun by Bob Miller which is the donated by

Caspain hi cap frame, Nowlin 40s&w bushing barrel and Caspain small parts and mag.

Either on of these guns would cost $3K plus to buy out right, so not a bad deal

So far nothing back yet from S&W,

however instead of the M&P the raffle tickets will be for the custom built limited gun by Bob Miller, tickets will be $10 with some of the proceeds being given back to the USPSA Jr program

It is built on an STI frame, with Sheumann Ultimatch AET 40s&w bull barrel

Nowlin speed demon action kit, sweson style safeties, melonite finish, etc

Plus this year just signing up and shooting the match will get you in the drawing for the other custom built gun by Bob Miller which is the donated by

Caspain hi cap frame, Nowlin 40s&w bushing barrel and Caspain small parts and mag.

Either on of these guns would cost $3K plus to buy out right, so not a bad deal

Outstanding, I'll take both please. :P

Is this still on the half day format? Is there any afternoon slots available, Fri, Sat, or Sun? Is the prize table being done like last year, door prizes plus class winner prizes? If it is, what are the prizes for 1st Master in Limited and Limited 10?

Thanks.