Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 built on Armscor Frame

Nemo

Niiiice. My good friend is running his Armscor in USPSA Limited as well and is very proud of it. Makes me homesick. How am I filipino and NOT have a pistol from my home land? Gotta fix that. Thanks for sharing.

you should get one kabayan! :cheers:

I heard a story once about a fella that bought a new mil spec for 200.00. Just have to think the seller is dumber than a rock and the buyer has no moral fiber at all. Well niether of those is true. Could it be that those two jerked the chain of this whole bunch? I wasnt there when the deed was done so I cant say I saw it with my own two, but I know where that pistol was and I know where its not now. So may be the question is who bought what and who suckered who? Aint no place like this place.-------------Larry

Do you think they could see us pounding on our desks and cusing them as the practically free 1911 slipped away? :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Today I got the Armscor parts build back from Pedro to take it for a spin before the final refinishing. We tried to parkerize it but something went wrong. The park on the slide looks like a wrinkled piece of paper and the frame took a different color. It really doesn't matter much because the park is only the base for the Duracoat.

Anyway, here it is.

post-2776-1201393758.jpgpost-2776-1201393726.jpg

post-2776-1201393556.jpgpost-2776-1201393588.jpg

The slide release and the thumb safety didn't take the parkerizing too good either. However, every part fits like it's supposed to and I'm amazed at the kind of functioning he obtained with the bunch of cheapo parts I gave him to work with. Gotta love a 1911 for less than $200... Eat your heart out, Merlin! :D

Today I got the Armscor parts build back from Pedro to take it for a spin before the final refinishing. We tried to parkerize it but something went wrong. The park on the slide looks like a wrinkled piece of paper and the frame took a different color. It really doesn't matter much because the park is only the base for the Duracoat.

Anyway, here it is.

post-2776-1201393758.jpgpost-2776-1201393726.jpg

post-2776-1201393556.jpgpost-2776-1201393588.jpg

The slide release and the thumb safety didn't take the parkerizing too good either. However, every part fits like it's supposed to and I'm amazed at the kind of functioning he obtained with the bunch of cheapo parts I gave him to work with. Gotta love a 1911 for less than $200... Eat your heart out, Merlin! :D

I love single stacks.... :cheers:

Very nice work from all hodge podge parts. I was thinking of buying a Sarco frame and slide kit for my son and me to put together as a learning project. The he would have his own SS then right now he's using my brother spare springer someday he will want it back...

Edited by DEADEYE

• 3 weeks later...
nice gun nemo!

in support of armscor 1911, here is my current game gun, i call it "SAMSCOR" frame is ARMSCOR, Slide is from Shooters Arms Mfg Philippines aka SAM. Duracoat was used for the paint. To date, it has seen 7,000 rounds

gsam1.jpg

All ya need now is some spinner bling blings and your ready to roll! :D

• 1 month later...

Here's the end product after I finished playing with DuraCoat. Tried to make it look tacticool. Had to get a dispensation from Mall Ninjas Assn. for the yellow fiber optic.

post-2776-1206395336.jpg

post-2776-1206395346.jpg

Just gotta love something that came from nothing. Nice work.-----------Larry

Not exactly nothing, but from a bunch of free parts :cheers: :cheers:

The job Nemo did was great and Pedro is a Master Craftsman!!

Both did a great job!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Now..... We must see a target with the results of the hard work!! Take it to the range, when the Duracoat cures that is, or just stick in in Mrs Nemo's over when she's not around, and cure it fast, then shoot the PI$$ out of it and show us targets!!

Y

• 7 months later...

The refinishing story of this build has been interesting.

When Pedro finished the build another friend took a stab at parkerizing it and the gun came out in three or four difeerent colors and the slide took a weird-lookin' wrinkled paper texture. I tried to cover the park job with the previously posted DYI Duracoat finish, but I didn't do a good job on it and didn't like the frame color very much. So back to Pedro for a good ole' bluing job...

post-2776-1226330446_thumb.jpgpost-2776-1226330462_thumb.jpg

You can never go wrong with a well-done bluing job.

B)

Edited by Nemo