Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Rifle only matches

I get enough pistol matches in every year and 3 gun is fun but I really want some AR trigger time.

When/where are the best domestic rifle only matches (or just rifle and pistol if that exists)?

I know New York has one in May and there is usually one in California in April (Bay area last year), any others?

There will be a rifle only match here in B'ham on the 29th of December. The link listed on the prior post will explain it all. It's a really fun match with about 70 shooter's on avg. A good mix of near to far targets, interesting props. A long way from MN though.

We do ACTS in Michigan on the second Saturday of every month at Centerline Range in Belleview, and in Arizona on the third Saturday at Pima Pistol Club. It is mostly tactical rifle with some sidearm. We usually get four or five stages per match. Check us out on www.actshooters.com.

Billski

Most every second Saturday of the month here in Florida.It's a great time .5 Stages of fire with ranges to 200m.Challenging even for the top shooters,we have several that make the rounds about the country.$10 match fee,40-50 participants.

Action Rifle,West of Orlando on the gulf coast.75F today :surprise: and green.Or you can wait for summer elsewhere.

www.hernandosportsmansclub.com

Thanks for the plug on the Steel City match guys. We just finished up our Dec match. It was a blast with over 70 shooters.

We're going to have a "big match" in March (3-29-08) with 8 stages. I'll post details in a couple of weeks.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Dave Tapp

I must say I had a blast at David's match. I went expecting it to be more on a local level match but was quite surprised to see 74 folks come out to play. We used all the daylight Alabama could give us to wrap it up. Stages were great. The 1/8 scale targets were a cool way to simulate LR engagement into a hoser stage. DrawandDuck did well designing stage 1 with all those left over christmas trees. Neat stage that confused and humbled several.

David's match is well organized and gonna go onto my list of matches not to miss. This match is gonna grow beyond David's expectations very quickly. The word is gonna get out.

WELL DONE DAVID,RANDALL,STEFFAN and CREW :cheers:

If your looking for "Rifle Only". The Steel City match is a great time!!! Thanks David and CREW you folks are top notch.

I need to start working out. My girly man grenade toss on stage 7 was ... aahhh ...girly :rolleyes:

Make this one if you can, you wont be dissappointed.

David RIFLE ONLY no more grenades!!! :ph34r:

Happy New Year EVERYONE!!!

Alan

Guys, but the grenade scoring area was only 10 yards in front of you and the Glock targets were less than 2 yards away!

Glad you enjoyed the match! Hope to see everyone in March.

David

Square Deal Sporsmens in NY runs a great rifle only match each year, but it tends to sell out early.

I believe the original poster knows about that one. :cheers:

I get enough pistol matches in every year and 3 gun is fun but I really want some AR trigger time.

When/where are the best domestic rifle only matches (or just rifle and pistol if that exists)?

I know New York has one in May and there is usually one in California in April (Bay area last year), any others?

ipscrifle08.jpg

• 2 weeks later...