Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ALABAMA STATE MATCH

Roger,

Just out of curiosity, how many shooters do you have so far?

Tony

Yea Roger. I only posted the application two hours ago. How many shooters have sent the form in so far?

MHearn

Silly me, I assumed it had been up longer since the match is only six weeks or so away.

I guess I should have read the whole thread.

Keep me on my toes Mark.

Allow me to re-phrase the question.

How many shooters are you expecting?

I am just curious as to the number and size of the squads.

It's been 2 years since I shot Alabama but if I remember correctly, there were 7-8 on a squad and it seemed to move pretty well.

Always a fun match.

Edited by 38superman

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where be them stage descriptions?

:)

lynn

Lynn

I'm supposed to have them all by the middle of next week. I'll have them posted a week after that. Plenty of time to practice.

Come join us.

MHearn

P.S. Anybody having trouble pulling up the match application? Its a pdf file. Let me know if you have any trouble and I'll try to get it to you in another form as an attached file.

Edited by mhearn

where be them stage descriptions?

:)

lynn

Lynn

I'm supposed to have them all by the middle of next week. I'll have them posted a week after that. Plenty of time to practice.

Come join us.

MHearn

P.S. Anybody having trouble pulling up the match application? Its a pdf file. Let me know if you have any trouble and I'll try to get it to you in another form as an attached file.

hey no one practices the stages, hey it's about start position and round count!

lynn

• 2 weeks later...

it looks like we are going to have a great turn out for the match.Sam Conway will be our match sponsor and he has giving us an STI 45 single stack spartin to give away.so every one in the match will have a chance to win this gun.there will be a ticket in your shooters bag for the drawing.if you haven't signed up,get that app in and join the fun. :D

r c

Here are the stages for the Match. Thanks to the designers and John Amidon for the tweaking.

MHearn

Yeah! My tunnel stage made the cut.

The diagram shows 55gal barrels with sticks across, will this be basically how the tunnel is made?

How did this stage make it with 33 rounds?

Thanks, BOZ1911

The tunnel will be a little more substantial that sticks on drums...

Hey, Boz I have to make the SOB clubbers reload...once a match, at least.

But is the height approximate? Trying to figure out how to get my bigass through something like that. Hell I might reload while I'm in there. :rolleyes:

The tunnel will be a little more substantial that sticks on drums...

Hey, Boz I have to make the SOB clubbers reload...once a match, at least.

"Sticks on Drums?"

C'mon Jeremy. Get radical.

If you're gonna make obstacles how about:

Crawling on your back through the sand under barb wire dragging ammo cans.

Then up the rope and over the 10 foot barricade, then crawling on your belly through the swamp water.

Then into the slimey green mud pit where .........

Never mind.

I was having a Parris Island flashback.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

But is the height approximate?

Somewhere between low-crawl and a stoop... :ph34r:

Besides, you're going to have to hit the ground on another stage with a nasty low port...just ask Mr. Shores about it...

Yeah but that stage appears you will finish on the low port. I have no problem getting my ass to the ground, it's the springing back up that's an issue. Oh, well I'll just practice crawling, should be easy enough, I've got a experience from several nights I don't care (can't) to remember! :cheers::cheers:

i'm getting several emails on where to stay for the match.here are a few hotels within 15 minutes of the range.they are on exit 188 just off of I20.

holiday inn express 256 835 8768

hampton inn 256 831 8958

country inn 256 241 0905

wingate inn 256 831 1921

jameson inn 256 835 2170

hope this helps---sorry we don't have a match hotel.nobody would work with us on a one night stay.

thanks

roger