Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NY1 & NY2 trigger springs

Demetrio

gmtsk.jpg

Three little questions:

1) What's the difference between these two?

2) Combined with a 3.5 lb conector, can I get a, lets say, +/- 5 lb weight for a Production Division trigger, using one of these two springs?

3) Does anybody have a photo of this spring installed? I have no idea how it is installed in the trigger mechanism.

Thanks,

Demetrio.

Edited by Demetrio

The olive drab NY trigger is NY #1, and the orange is NY #2.

After doing a fair amount on searching on the net and through books, #1 takes the pull to 8lbs, and front loads the weight to the take up. I'm still looking for an instal pic.

If you are looking for a better competition trigger, you are looking in the wrong place. NONE of the top competitors use this trigger.

If you are looking for a better competition trigger, you are looking in the wrong place. NONE of the top competitors use this trigger.

Pharaoh, I'm looking for one that can give me 5 lb trigger weight with some more consistent pull, and I read somewhere that such combination could give me right that.

What would you suggest for something legal in Production?

Thanks,

Demetrio.

According to the Glock armorers manual, the NY #1(olive green) with the 3.5lb connector should give you the 5lb pull you are looking for. The NY#1 with a 5lb connector is 8+ lbs. The NY spring drops right in following the shape of trigger housing, the other springs you show, trigger springs, are not used with the NY spring.

Edited by JTew

Having installed these for my old department I can tell ya that a 3.5 connector with the #1 (green) will give you 8lbs. Orange #2 will give you an ugly 11lbs. And you dont use the factory trigger spring, its one or the other. The NY trigger emulates the double action of a revolver. You pretty much have a 5lb from the start and the added 3 lb to break it at the end. A crappy trigger if ya ask me. I finally got the department to agree to go to at least the stock 5lb connector and stock trigger spring. Scores went up considerably. So in a nut shell stay away from the NY trigger. My 2 cents

Demetrio, you have a 5lb trigger pull with 3,5 lb connector to break it at the end with OFM springs. By the way by IPSC Production div. rules all parts must be OFM, no spring cuting, no trigger jobs, no polishing.

Pharaoh, I'm looking for one that can give me 5 lb trigger weight with some more consistent pull, and I read somewhere that such combination could give me right that.

What would you suggest for something legal in Production?

Thanks,

Demetrio.

Funny.... the stock pull weight on my G35 was about 5 pounds. The "3.5#" connector was a misnomer.... unless you put the trigger pull gauge on the very tip of the trigger.

Demetrio, you have a 5lb trigger pull with 3,5 lb connector to break it at the end with OFM springs. By the way by IPSC Production div. rules all parts must be OFM, no spring cuting, no trigger jobs, no polishing.

Seriously? They bust your stones just for polishing? How would they know for sure it wasn't "wear" rubbing...?

Seriously? They bust your stones just for polishing? How would they know for sure it wasn't "wear" rubbing...?

They'd simply make the call --- and I suspect you'd be unlikely to win at arbitration.....