Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition Triggers For Large Frame Glocks.

Swede20

Does anyone have a good competition trigger on their G20/G21. How many lbs is the trigger pull? Are the large frame triggers as easily modified as the smaller frame glocks? What kind of mods were done? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm holding a trigger bar from a G30 in my left hand and a trigger bar from a G27 in my left hand and they are definately not the same. The trigger mechanism works the same in principle, the parts themselves are a little different. The trigger bar is not flat like a small frame, it has an indention in the middle. The strikers are longer in the big frames vs. the small frames. Other than those two differences, everything else is the same.

Dean,

Are you in anyway shape or form related to the former Iraqi Information minister? Regarding the Trigger Bar, the G17, G22, and G31 all use the same trigger bar the G20 and G21 use a different trigger bar. BTW, don’t take my word for it this can be independently verified by going to http://www.lonewolfdist.com and then do a search on trigger bar.

Rhino,

I have paid others from $80.00 to $200.00 for a Glock competition trigger job. The one that gunner5 is currently offering cost me $175.00 plus shipping. I'm so satisfied with the results of this trigger job that I am now seriously considering just sending all of my competition and carry Glock’s to him so he can redo those triggers.

BTW, at various ranges this weekend I let some individuals try the different Glock trigger jobs that I have had done by firms like DMW, CGR, NHO and Gunner5 and the majority selected the trigger that gunner5 had worked on with the rest selecting the NHO trigger the other trigger jobs simply weren’t even considered by the participants in this impromptu test.

Are you in anyway shape or form related to the former Iraqi Information minister?  Regarding the Trigger Bar, the G17, G22, and G31 all use the same trigger bar the G20 and G21 use a different trigger bar.
Yeah, me 'n' Baghdad Bob… separated at birth. <_<

That said, you are correct that the "small frame trigger bar" is different than that of the large frame Glock pistols… please excuse the lack of clarity in my message.

As I posted, however, the triggers themselves would be interchangeable, and I believe that this goes for the connectors as well.

I also believe that anyone who would pay $175-$200 for a "trigger job" on a Glock is not only certifiable, but probably capable of hot-rodding reloaded .40 S&W rounds in their Models 22, 23, 24, 27 and 35… but, hey!

ryucasta,

I've spoken to you many times before at norco and have tried one of your triggers on your gun last year after you got it back from CGR. I will be at norco on this sat. and sun. 1 1/2# is too light for me. I would get DQ'd with that trigger as i've been shooting stock triggers the whole time. Actually I just had CGR put a top fuel trigger on my G20 and i am anxiously waiting for it as we speak. I just don't know of many people who compete with large frame glocks or have work done on them. The smaller frames i/e G17/22/35 are too small for my hands to shoot!

Dave Erickson

Dean,

Could you expand upon on your use of the word certifiable so there won’t be any misunderstandings? As far as the comments that you posted about the 40 S&W, I mainly compete in USPSA IPSC and to be quite frank in that sport there is no need to Hot Rod this particular cartridge if all you want to do is make the major PF of 165.

And in case you doubt what I'm saying about not having to hot rod a load here's a link to the Hodgdon website that shows starting loads in the 167 to 192 pf range for various bullet weights and all of these starting loads are generating less than 30k psi.

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/pistol/longsho...t/index.htm#top

Also can you provide a link to some retailer that sells the trigger alone without the bar? And so there is no confusion I'm not asking for the trigger housing pin nor am I asking about the trigger housing I am specifically asking you to provide a link to a retailer or distributor that will sell the trigger without the bar. Or to make it even easier for you to understand just provide FACTS not unverifiable OPINIONS.

I've seen what Swede & Fireglock are talking about with large frame Glock trigger jobs. All my problems were with a G20. I posted another thread about changing the trigger bar nose & hey, maybe that's no problem on a small frame - I dunno. I do know that black Powerflex is great for making the G35 fit my large hands.

My wife makes so much $$$ off her mortgage business that I've already decided on the 1.5lb trigger job - its worth it to me. Better to spend it one lump than to struggle with my 3lb break for weeks & months. Anyone know the turn-around time? Also I'm curious if one of the ingredients is that trigger lube by Chip McCormick.

Tons of good info on BE's forum, hope we can all talk nice to one another...

dvc - eric - a28026

• 1 month later...