Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2008

www.actionshootingsupply.com

Great people to deal with !

I agree. Tom is a great supporter of our sport and I always buy from him when he sponsors matches.

CALL him in advance to be sure that what you need has your name on it at the vendors' booth. He sells out fast!

-Chet

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Self sqadding has been up. We are up to 70+ competitors. We are still working onwhat we think will be a very good prize table, but we still need more apps. Don't delay for the sake of your poor old match administrators

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

Any chance you all will have the stages up sometime soon? Sure am ready to get down to the beach for a few days. Someplace where the sand isn't blowing while it rains with a light snow. Of course, we had some different weather yesterday. The wind came out of the East instead of the Southwest. :lol: MLM

Steve,

Any chance you all will have the stages up sometime soon? Sure am ready to get down to the beach for a few days. Someplace where the sand isn't blowing while it rains with a light snow. Of course, we had some different weather yesterday. The wind came out of the East instead of the Southwest. :lol: MLM

Hi Mark:

Most of the stages are already designed, just waiting to finish the last few. Hopefully we'll have them all up next week. I'm looking forward to the match too.

See you soon,

Landis

• 2 weeks later...

We hit 100 shooters, and have room for 70-80 more. The match shirts are Sport-Tek Dri-mesh sport shirts. The material is similar to Under armor or 5.11 tactical T-shirts. They won't fade or shrink and will be embroidered with the match logo on the left breast. The shirts are lightweight and should be very comfortable to wear in the warmer climates. The stages are being finalized and should be posted in the very near future. We are still working on the prize table and it looks like it will be very good. Our goal is to give 10 guns away we are very close to that now, we are anxiously awaiting an answer from some potential sponsors and as soon as our questions are answered we can go from there. Get those apps in and help your friendly match staff please

Sounds like a good match!! Planning on being there.

Hope you get more than 21 rounds off this year.

Just so long as Whitney isn't still shooting her open gun at 209+ pf again. Folks in the squads next to ours had ringing ears for days. :surprise: Still remember the RO at the stage with the plate rack asking someone to answer the phone, after she shot.

OHHH THAT OPEN GUN WILLLL BE THERE!!!! dont forget to bring extra ear plugs and double muff....

Check out texassouthsection.com and follow the link to Space City Challenge the match logo is displayed at the top of the page. Competitor shirts will be grey and the staff/RO shirts will be range red. I don't think you will be sorry if you buy one. I will try to get a picture of my shirt that you will be able to see for yourself.

image001.jpg

The stages are still being tweaked, but here’s the current revisions: SCC 2008 Prelim Stages. Final diagrams will be posted w/in a couple of weeks. Thanks to SCC2008 Stage Design Team - Sean Ganes, Jim Duncan and Tony Phan (Expecially Sean who designed 4+ and made ‘em look so cool).

We’re planning 9 exciting stages. ROs shoot Friday and competitors shoot 9 stages either Sat or Sun. Apps have come in for over 100 shooters so we still have room for 80+ more. Come on guys, stop making the management sweat and send in your apps! We always get plenty of shooters, but half of the people end up signing up in the last couple of weeks!

ROs...we still need a few more...especially on Saturday. If you register soon you'll shoot for free and get a cool match shirt!

The prize table is looking very good. We will have 10 or 11 guns and many sponsors have given generously. Saturday afternoon we will have the random prize table. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN or have a designated representative pick up your prize.

Tom with Action Shooting Supplywill be a match vendor so be sure to contact him SOON so he can bring your reloading supplies with him.

The shirts are cool. They have the same logo as above…steel grey shirts for shooters and red for ROs. The logo is on the left side of the front. The shirts are a light-weight “Underarmour like” material. Here’s a picture of Steve modeling his RO shirt: TSS 2008 RO Shirt. This is the color of the competitor shirt: Steel Grey. No, the shirts are not monogrammed…Steve got his done since he knows the vendor.

See you at the match!!!

Edited by sidnal

The shirts are cool. They have the same logo as above…steel grey shirts for shooters and red for ROs. T

Landis,

I neglected to order a shooter's shirt. If not too late, can I send Steve a memo with a check for $30 and get one?

Bill

Yes, The cut-off date for shirts will be about April 9th

• 2 weeks later...

130 shooters have registered so far with 4 weeks to go and the late fees have been waived! Some of the squads have filled up so you'd better register soon! We’re posted 9 exciting stages to the web.

ROs...We still need a couple more Saturday ROs. If you register soon you'll shoot for free and get a cool match shirt!

The prize table is looking very good. We will have 10 or 11 guns and many sponsors have given generously. Saturday afternoon we will have the random prize table. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN or have a designated representative pick up your prize.

Tom with Action Shooting Supplywill be a match vendor so be sure to contact him SOON so he can bring your reloading supplies with him.

See you at the match!!!

Shooters Connection (one of our Best sponsors!!!) is passing their slots out to Juniros.

Check out this thread in their dealer forum: SCC2008 Shooter's Connection slots to Juniors. Contact them if you'd like to take advantage of this.

This is one more great reason to buy from Shooters Connection...they SUPPORT OUR SPORT in many ways!!!

Edited by sidnal

Hello: How many shooters now? Thanks, Eric

We're up to 140 shooters in EzWinScore and I know of about 10 more that plan to shoot, but we haven't seen their apps. I'm sure we'll get 175 shooters, but many people are dragging their feet. Come on folks, send in your apps!

It's going to be a challenging match with a great prize table.

We will be pushing shooters to sign up at this weeks Bullet Hole Match - Any other MD's out there - let's support the Houston area for their efforts with putting on a great match!

Thanks for the support Kevin.

We have 2 GM's (Manny & BJ) signed up so far, that will drive the level of competition up!

If you want a match shirt I need your shirt size/payment ASAP. The shirt is an embroidered steel grey polyknit Polo. The material is similar to underarmor, very comfortable for warmer climates. It will not shrink or fade. They are $30.00.

Another update...we now have over 150 shooters and THREE GMs signed up to shoot. If you want to order one of our cool shirts then we have to know by Wed when the shirt order goes out. If you are one of the people that intend to shoot, but have been dragging your feet then email us with the shirt size and send in your app and $$ ASAP.

Landis